title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get right click menus to work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mebobo
    • Dec 2014

How do I get right click menus to work?

I've had no success getting the right click menus to show after an installation and re-installation. Went into the config and checked the Windows Explorer Integration items. I used the DB reset after deleting (initial install did not show up in Windows uninstall) all DB files.

I also can not see how to activate the edit component to dbpoweramp. Right click on a music file on the other system activates it just fine.

I have the latest version on my home computer and it installed and works perfectly. Not so with my laptop. Suggestions? If I re-install again am I using more certified installs?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mebobo; 12-27-2014, 11:03 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get right click menus to work?

For what audio file type? mp3? wave? flac?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
      • Dec 2014

Both MP3 and Flac. Right click has no context menus at all. No abililty to edit files.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Windows will not show items on the right click if there are already too many items there, how many items are on the right click of a music file?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
          • Dec 2014

On flac files there are 23 and 25 on MP3. Why would it work on one computer and not the other with essentially the same software installed on both? Thanks for your help on this by the way!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

On the other computer (which works), how many are on the right click? Which Windows version is installed on both?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
              • Dec 2014

Unfortunately I won't be near my other computer for several days, so I can't compare until then. There are two issues I'm having, one is the absence of context menus but the bigger problem is not finding a way to edit files.

I have three dB modules located on this computer, the Batch Converter, CD Ripper and Music Converter. I don't see which one allows file editing. I've always accessed that function by selecting a music file or files and right clicking on the context menu to edit file names or add art work. Did the installation omit this function? Am I missing it in one of the three modules that did install? Shouldn't the dB programs show up in the Add/Remove in Windows? Perhaps it didn't reinstall correctly after the second attempt?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It should appear in Add/Remove programs yes, perhaps your security software is blocking the install?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
                  • Dec 2014

Perhaps. Does Windows Security Essentials block installation of your program?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

We have had no reports of Microsofts software blocking the install.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
                      • Dec 2014

I'll try disabling Microsoft's security and reinstall. Last time I did a search and found what I thought were all folders and files, deleted them and then used the dBpoweramp reset program. Since your program doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs can you give guidance in removing?

Please address the question I asked before about not being able to edit files. Should there be a separate software module I can manually open given I can't access that function by right mouse click?

This will also be the 4th time installing. Will I run into an issue with installing that many times? I purchased the family version. Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

>Since your program doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs can you give guidance in removing?

Running the reset removes the files.

If the shell functions are working then you can do right click on mp3 >> properties >> ID Tag (tab)
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
                          • Dec 2014

WTF! This is getting frustrating Spoon. I've now tried reinstalling on this computer 3 times to no avail. Removed everything per your instructions. Turned off my antivirus and still no menu choices. What next? I'd really like the program to work on this laptop. Running Windows 7 64 bit. I paid for the family version so I could use it on more than one system.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit version on a laptop. After the last install I rebooted. The program still doesn't show up in the Add Remove. I did find several instances of it in the Registry.
                          Last edited by mebobo; 12-30-2014, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

right click on mp3 >> properties >> ID Tag (tab)
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mebobo
                              • Dec 2014

I finally tried re-installing as Administrator and it installed properly. Thanks for your input.
                              Last edited by mebobo; 12-30-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>