title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Upnp for OpenMediaVault - Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andreash
    • Dec 2014

Asset Upnp for OpenMediaVault - Experiences?

Hello,

I've set up a new server based on OpenMediaVault (OMV), base is Debian Linux, moving away from WHS. OMV offers a web-based admin GUI, nice and with some Linux background easy to maintain and it works fine.

I'm missing a solid audio streaming server and noticed in the forum, that Asset is available for Debian Linux. Has someone experiences running Asset on a OMV NAS?

Andreas
  • andreash
    • Dec 2014

Re: Asset Upnp for OpenMediaVault - Experiences?

Hello,

I tried to setup AssetUPnP on a OMV-based NAS and was successful following the script provided by Mr. Spoon for Debian Linux.
    Only tricky thing was to start the config page, finally Safari displayed the page on my Mac, Firefox failed and to find out the full
    pathname of the shared folders.

I gave it a first try and some highres files, FLAC 24/192, where played w/o problems, where miniDLNA failed.
    Happy Asset user again!

Andreas

Comment

• prann
      • Dec 2014

Can you point us to the script? I had Asset running on OMV yesterday, rebooted the NAS and now get some sort of memory problem when trying to open the config page.

Comment

• andreash
        • Dec 2014

Just look under the installation instructions for Debian Linux in

Comment

Working...

]]>