title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Import txt-file or exce - How to copy and paste a complete list of titles of an album

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Import txt-file or exce - How to copy and paste a complete list of titles of an album

Hello,
    I often find albums without titles in database and I am willing to add it.
    To avoid errors (and stupid work) I want to copy and paste titles from i.e. amazon or original artist site:

1. titlenumber 1
    2. song number two
    3. ...
    15. Last song

How to import it in dBpoweramp CDRipper?

Thank you
    Iven.

Administrator

Re: Import txt-file or exce - How to copy and paste a complete list of titles of an a

You would have to copy and paste each line individually into CD Ripper, select a track and press F2 to edit the title.

Re: Import txt-file or exce - How to copy and paste a complete list of titles of an a

thank you Spoon, but that is exactly what I do NOT want to do!
    ;-)
    Because I have dozens of txt-files from my backed up CDROMs like the covereditor in burning-program.
    If this dbPA is a professional tool there should be Import possibilities too.

Iven

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Iven View Post
    Because I have dozens of txt-files from my backed up CDROMs like the covereditor in burning-program.
    If this dbPA is a professional tool there should be Import possibilities too
    I discussed the issue of using text files as a PerfectMeta import option back in 2010. The only option available then, was to import from the Win95/98/XP cdplayer.ini file and I suspect that does not work anymore in the latest CDRipper. For me, importing from another source, such as a text file, is a necessary option but I doubt we will ever see it implemented.

dBpoweramp Guru

The easiest solution is to use a tag editor. Mp3tag, for example, can import metadata via text files.

How to import it in dBpoweramp CDRipper?
    CD Ripper wouldn't really be an applicable program here. Adding metadata to existing files is an editing task, and like everything else, using the right tool for the job will make it a lot easier. This one's best handled with a dedicated tag editor.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    CD Ripper wouldn't really be an applicable program here. Adding metadata to existing files is an editing task, and like everything else, using the right tool for the job will make it a lot easier.
    But it is the option of importing data into CDRipper prior to ripping and not relying on the metadata sources that is being requested here as often the metadata provided sucks.