title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No CD Writers Found

No CD Writers Found

CD Writer will not burn a CD due to the problem "No CD Writers found" Windows 7 - Checked for updates in dbPower Amp Confiuration and all is up to date. FAQ states older drives may cause the problem, however my drive is less than 2 years old. Drive works with several other burners I use regularly (ImageBurn, James River Media, Windows Media Player). I am attaching the information regarding the CD/DVD/BD Drive. Any suggestions to resolve?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: No CD Writers Found

There is nothing we can do, as CD Writer has been unsupported for 5+ years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There is nothing we can do, as CD Writer has been unsupported for 5+ years now.
    Thanks Spoon...didn't realize it had been unsupported for so long. Was great while it lasted!

I was having the same issues with the CD/DVD drive not being found. I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and this is what I did to fix the issue.
    1. I right clicked on the "dBpoweramp CD Writer" application icon and clicked on "properties"
    2. Next clicked on the "compatibility tab"
    3. I then clicked the check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and I then selected "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
    4. Click on "apply"
    5. Run dBpoweramp CD Writer program and cd/dvd drive should show up, it did for me.

dBpoweramp Guru

Why not use CDBurnerXP, a free software to burn CDs and DVDs?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Even my newer Pioneer BDR-209 only works at Max speed with dB. All my other disc burning software sees the different speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by OniKyanAE86 View Post
    I was having the same issues with the CD/DVD drive not being found. I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and this is what I did to fix the issue.
    1. I right clicked on the "dBpoweramp CD Writer" application icon and clicked on "properties"
    3. I then clicked the check box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and I then selected "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
    4. Click on "apply"
    5. Run dBpoweramp CD Writer program and cd/dvd drive should show up, it did for me.
    Genius!
    Works a treat, thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by OniKyanAE86 View Post
    4. Click on "apply"
    Spot on: that worked fine thanks:-)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

I saw another thread not more than 20 minutes ago that said there's a new downloadable version of CD Writer that is fully compatible with Windows 7. Look for it. I don't have a link to it as I write this.

I wonder if it'll work with Windows 10.

Dennis...aka "d2b"