title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Universal Temp File Location?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • essential
    • Sep 2013

Universal Temp File Location?

I've done a search or two, and I see where certain things for Temps can be changed but I don't seem to see any universal. I tried the software before on an old computer and liked it, but just got a new comp with a SSD and want to save writes if possible. Before buying dbpoweramp and ripping my entire collection, I was wondering if it had a setting in CD Ripper and Converter that allows to temp folder to be moved to a secondary HDD, or is it in the programming that it's all just stuck on the C:\ somewhere like Handbrake (for video encoding)?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Universal Temp File Location?

it is by default %tmp%

You can change it in dBpoweramp Configuration, it is one of the options there.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• essential
      • Sep 2013

Thanks for the reply. I have the trial, and I found the option under "dBpoweramp Configuration" --> "Music Converter" --> "Temporary Folder"

I changed it to one of my secondary HDDs. Then I setup the Multi-Encoder and ripped a CD to FLAC and MP3 at the same time while I had that Temp Folder open, and I do not see anything being written in the folder as it's ripping the CD. Are the files "hidden" as it's happening or did I do something incorrectly?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Ripping to these formats, would not write a temporary file, it is only used if a non-live DSP effect is used and the whole file needs decompressing, before encoding.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• essential
          • Sep 2013

Thank you for the reply. Just to make sure I understand ... MP3 and FLAC ripping/conversion all done on the fly ... no temp files created at all, or are there temp files just not ones that can be altered in the settings? As I said, i'm just worried about ripping an entire collection hurting a SSD, if all the temp work is done under the user profile somewhere. I just want to make sure I understand before I actually start.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Correct.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JamieF
              • Aug 2009

It takes hours to rip to a NAS directly. Does this provide a way around this, or is there a different solution?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Hours per disc?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>