title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artwork subfolder - Multiple genres - HDCD - Pre-emphasis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zlentrian
    • Dec 2014

Re: Artwork subfolder - Multiple genres - HDCD - Pre-emphasis

Thanks for your concise explanation! I will try LMS out. Even though I like Asset, it lacks these features that LMS support:

Artwork subfolder
    Compilations not polluting the Artist listing
    Browsable compilations listing

The third one might be possible with some tinkering, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Sidenote: Spoon & ********* are still playing their silent game with me. I cannot really understand why.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

There is no option to remove compilation artists from the artist listing, as mentioned in post 2, this is what Album Artist is designed for.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zlentrian
        Thanks for your concise explanation! I will try LMS out. Even though I like Asset, it lacks these features that LMS support:

Artwork subfolder
        Compilations not polluting the Artist listing
        Browsable compilations listing

The third one might be possible with some tinkering, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Sidenote: Spoon & ********* are still playing their silent game with me. I cannot really understand why.
        do keep in mind that

(1) using LMS to play to DLNA/upnp devices is NOT plug and play. Some work is required to set things up. Not currently for the non tech-savvy as LMS wasn't DESIGNED for this purpose.
        (2) using LMS to play to computers/micro computers that have Squeezelite installed (and thus function as network music players) is much easier, but still requires a bit of tinkering
        (3) if you want simple, pick up a Squeezebox Touch on ebay. Load LMS on a computer or NAS on your local network and let it scan your music files. Then Connect the TOUCH to your stereo via analog outs or digital outs (s/pdif coax or optical) and back to your network via Wifi or ethernet. And this is very easy, plug and play.

Comment

Working...

]]>