title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay Gain question?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Replay Gain question?

If really paranoid, make a duplicate copy of the music directory on different media before running the batch. You should be keeping duplicate copies anyway. Hey, storage is very cheap these days, and s*&^ happens.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NinthWave View Post
    1) Since everything is already FLAC, If I "batchrip" my root music directory and apply no compression and just add "replay gain", what are the odds of corrupting the files if just adding IDTags?
    Have you downloaded and installed the Replay Gain R5 utility codec? There is no compression option with this utility codec as it just writes the replay gain tags.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Have you downloaded and installed the Replay Gain R5 utility codec? There is no compression option with this utility codec as it just writes the replay gain tags.
    I don't know what you are talking about but this seems interesting? Where is is available?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NinthWave View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about but this seems interesting? Where is is available?
    Codec Central under utility codecs:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

With this you can load up all your files, do a batch conversion and "convert to" the ReplayGain utility codec. This will add ReplayGain tags. I would use the option to add both track and album tags.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Codec Central under utility codecs:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

With this you can load up all your files, do a batch conversion and "convert to" the ReplayGain utility codec. This will add ReplayGain tags. I would use the option to add both track and album tags.

Thank you very much.

Before I knew about the "ReplayGain Utility Codec", I was naïve enough to batch convert my existing 21000 FLAC Level 8 Compression library by setting "no compression", in believing that it would just add the tags. Nah! It reconverted all my FLACs with 0 compression so it expanded the storage required. 21 hours.

Then, you made me aware of the aforementioned utility codec so I rebatched everything back to Level 8 compression. 23 hours...

Hope no-one else will do the same mistake than me...

Nicolas