title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain question?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schmidj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2013

Re: Replay Gain question?

If really paranoid, make a duplicate copy of the music directory on different media before running the batch. You should be keeping duplicate copies anyway. Hey, storage is very cheap these days, and s*&^ happens.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NinthWave
      1) Since everything is already FLAC, If I "batchrip" my root music directory and apply no compression and just add "replay gain", what are the odds of corrupting the files if just adding IDTags?
      Have you downloaded and installed the Replay Gain R5 utility codec? There is no compression option with this utility codec as it just writes the replay gain tags.

Comment

• NinthWave
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by mville
        Have you downloaded and installed the Replay Gain R5 utility codec? There is no compression option with this utility codec as it just writes the replay gain tags.
        I don't know what you are talking about but this seems interesting? Where is is available?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by NinthWave
          I don't know what you are talking about but this seems interesting? Where is is available?
          Codec Central under utility codecs:

With this you can load up all your files, do a batch conversion and "convert to" the ReplayGain utility codec. This will add ReplayGain tags. I would use the option to add both track and album tags.

Comment

• NinthWave
            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by garym
            Codec Central under utility codecs:

With this you can load up all your files, do a batch conversion and "convert to" the ReplayGain utility codec. This will add ReplayGain tags. I would use the option to add both track and album tags.

Thank you very much.

Before I knew about the "ReplayGain Utility Codec", I was naïve enough to batch convert my existing 21000 FLAC Level 8 Compression library by setting "no compression", in believing that it would just add the tags. Nah! It reconverted all my FLACs with 0 compression so it expanded the storage required. 21 hours.

Then, you made me aware of the aforementioned utility codec so I rebatched everything back to Level 8 compression. 23 hours...

Hope no-one else will do the same mistake than me...

Nicolas

Comment

Working...

]]>