title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asset on QNAP strange behaviour....

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset on QNAP strange behaviour....

Hi Spoon,

did what you told me to do... installed 4.4 beta and downloaded Config-dump. But actually I cannot send it by email because it's just much too big.... (about 62 MB) .
    What to do....??

Administrator

Answered by email.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What's now?
    Anything new from dbpoweramp ?

Administrator

It is being investigated.

Hi Spoon,

as I'm also having trouble with partly not showing artwork I installed the 4.4 Beta on my QNAP 870 Pro after removing the 4.3 version.
    The 4.3 removal was easy but now I don't have access to the 4.4 Beta settings.

Only a QPKG picture with Asset44beta 0.1 can be seen but I can't get the app started or opened.
    After that "experience" I wanted to remove that version again but a right click on the symbol doesn't even offering me the choice to un-install it as it was possible with 4.3........

Please tell me how to remove the beta version from my QNAP so that at least I can re-install the more or less working 4.3 version.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Have you tried restarting the QNAP, because this uninstall item, it is something provided by the qnap, rather than our program, also the configure link is also provided by qnap.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have you tried restarting the QNAP, because this uninstall item, it is something provided by the qnap, rather than our program, also the configure link is also provided by qnap.
    After several attempts and restarts the uninstall possibility appeared but the configure link for the Beta version never showed up.
    After deleting 4.4 I installed 4.3 again and everything (well except for the sometimes missing artwork) is working again.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

@Spoon

Hi Spoon,

you told me to install the 4.4 beta instead of my purchased 4.3... I did so...
    Nothing heared from you except that my configuration file is being investigated.
    Anything new...?

B.t.w.
    Since now I don't have trouble with 4.4. beta, but it was a trial. It's going to expire tomorrow... !! What shall I do ? Do you have another 4.4 to install for me or a full version 4.4 for QNAP ?

Administrator

There is a new 4.4 beta version out, uninstall the old and install the new one. A registered version of 4.4 will not be ready until 4 to 8 weeks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Spoon for the final release of 4.4
    Runs without any strange behaviour until now for 3 days, except one thing I could figure out by myself. After having a double entry in the library which I could not find on the server at all, I finally found the reason... it just was a deleted item !

So PLEASE ... can you force ASSET to NOT scan the @Recycle folder ?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

... or can I configure Asset to not scan the @Recycle folder ? And how ?

Administrator

Not if part of the library path, a future update will exclude this.