title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to write to remote drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonM
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2008

Re: Unable to write to remote drive

It's now a VERY old thread, but I still have the problem, post migration to Win10 on my main computer. I can access the remote drive (an external drive on the FitPC3) perfectly with any software except for the dBp ripper. I just haven't been able to figure out the issue, so have been ripping to local storage and then copying across the network to the remote drive. Inconvenient. It's almost enough to lead me back to WMP.

No, that was intended as an ironic lie. NOTHING would get me to go back to WMP.

R.

Comment

• RonM
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mville
      If a network drive is not available to windows, then no software will be able to access it. If you resolve the issue with the network drive disappearing in windows, then dBpoweramp will be able to access it ok.
      The point is that the remote drive IS accessible to Windows (and to other applications), although it might take two or three seconds to respond if it was sleeping. In my case, waking up the drive so that it was currently active still did not create conditions allowing dBp ripper to write to it.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Have you assigned a drive letter to that drive? Have you tried to create a file (i.e. a text file) on that drive manually?

Dat Ei

Comment

• RonM
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          Have you assigned a drive letter to that drive? Have you tried to create a file (i.e. a text file) on that drive manually?

Dat Ei
          Yes, it is a fully functional external drive on the remote server, with a drive letter. I can do anything I want on it, including writing a text file or creating a folder or copying files. Or have software like WMP or other ripping software rip a CD to that location. Or rip a DVD to the video folder on the drive, from which video is streamed to my home theatre. All no problem. The ONLY problem is having dBp rip a CD to that location.

R.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RonM
            Yes, it is a fully functional external drive on the remote server, with a drive letter. I can do anything I want on it, including writing a text file or creating a folder or copying files. Or have software like WMP or other ripping software rip a CD to that location. Or rip a DVD to the video folder on the drive, from which video is streamed to my home theatre. All no problem. The ONLY problem is having dBp rip a CD to that location.
            Just a thought, have you tried running CDRipper, Run as administrator?

Comment

Working...

]]>