title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WMA codec won't load?

Post WMA codec won't load?

Converter has suddenly stopped recognizing WMA files. No longer visible within converter, and forcing a conversion through the windows file manager menu selection gives me the following message:

Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'C:\Downloaded Files\Endless River\01 Things Left Unsaid.wma' to 'C:\Music Converter\Downloaded Files\Endless River\01 Things Left Unsaid'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

I have installed/reinstalled both the WMA codec and the program itself (R15.1). Local vs. network drive makes no difference either. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Administrator

Re: WMA codec won't load?

If you look in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder

you can see:

Windows Media Audio Application Extension

Yes, that .dll is there. When I update the codecs, it also tells me I have the latest version installed (8). But if I pull up batch converter and look in the filter list, WMA is not listed.

Administrator

Did you change the install path when installing the codec?

No. But for reference, the install path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder"

dBpoweramp Guru

Your windows is the 32bit?

Running Windows 7 64-bit. CPU - i7-3770k, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 830 series. All music files are stored on a NAS, which has never been an issue. I typically burn music tracks in WMA lossless, then convert to MP3 for the potable versions.

Administrator

It suggests you have a mix match of 64 bit and 32 bit dBpoweramp installed, they cannot work together.

Uninstal all dBpoweramp programs and codecs, then run:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...rom-the-System

Then reinstall.

Uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I had to force installation to the Program Files folder over the Program Files (x86), but everything works now. Still not sure what the underlying issue was, as I thought I had all 64 bit software installed. Regardless, thanks for the help.
    -Matt

I can't seem to get the WMA codec installed properly. I managed to get dbpoweramp installed in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp then overrode the wma installer trying to install in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dbpoweramp, finally ending up with the encoder and decoders in their proper folders, but if I look at configuration it doesn't show WMA and it won't do the conversion. I cleared all old installs first, it still won't work.

dBpoweramp Guru

Which version of dbpoweramp do you have?