title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA codec won't load?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stonehenge
    • Sep 2009

WMA codec won't load?

Converter has suddenly stopped recognizing WMA files. No longer visible within converter, and forcing a conversion through the windows file manager menu selection gives me the following message:

Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'C:\Downloaded Files\Endless River\01 Things Left Unsaid.wma' to 'C:\Music Converter\Downloaded Files\Endless River\01 Things Left Unsaid'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

I have installed/reinstalled both the WMA codec and the program itself (R15.1). Local vs. network drive makes no difference either. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA codec won't load?

If you look in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder

you can see:

Windows Media Audio Application Extension
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stonehenge
      • Sep 2009

Yes, that .dll is there. When I update the codecs, it also tells me I have the latest version installed (8). But if I pull up batch converter and look in the filter list, WMA is not listed.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Did you change the install path when installing the codec?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stonehenge
          • Sep 2009

No. But for reference, the install path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder"

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

Your windows is the 32bit?

Comment

• Stonehenge
              • Sep 2009

Running Windows 7 64-bit. CPU - i7-3770k, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 830 series. All music files are stored on a NAS, which has never been an issue. I typically burn music tracks in WMA lossless, then convert to MP3 for the potable versions.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It suggests you have a mix match of 64 bit and 32 bit dBpoweramp installed, they cannot work together.

Uninstal all dBpoweramp programs and codecs, then run:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stonehenge
                  • Sep 2009

Uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I had to force installation to the Program Files folder over the Program Files (x86), but everything works now. Still not sure what the underlying issue was, as I thought I had all 64 bit software installed. Regardless, thanks for the help.
                  -Matt

Comment

• drogulus
                    • Jul 2009

I can't seem to get the WMA codec installed properly. I managed to get dbpoweramp installed in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp then overrode the wma installer trying to install in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dbpoweramp, finally ending up with the encoder and decoders in their proper folders, but if I look at configuration it doesn't show WMA and it won't do the conversion. I cleared all old installs first, it still won't work.

Comment

• dbfan
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jan 2011

Which version of dbpoweramp do you have?

Comment

Working...

]]>