title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping errors / playing errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obryn
    • Nov 2014

Ripping errors / playing errors

I have ripped all my 500CDs with dbpoweramp to flac files.
    I have some tracks thay play back with error, small pauses or "scratches". This is even if the ripping was reported to be "accurate".
    Anyone having the same problem or any idea what this can be?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping errors / playing errors

It is likely an issue with your player, some versions of VLC could not decode flac correctly...
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

What player are you using. Test playing with foobar2000.

Comment

• obryn
        • Nov 2014

Thanks for your replies!
        I suspect the files to be faulty, the reason is that I test with 2 different players with excact same error.
        I use a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ v2 for the flac files.
        I have a T+A Music Player Balanced, a dedicated HW music player/CD player and I test with Winamp player on my Windows PC, with same errors.

I have not yet tested foobar2000, but I suspect this will give the same error.

Comment

• obryn
          • Nov 2014

Just installed foobar2000, it plats back with same error.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

what happens if you convert one of the problem files to the dbpa dsp "TEST CONVERSION"? Any errors reported.

Comment

• obryn
              • Nov 2014

Hi there - sorry for late respons to your suggestion.
              With a testconversion it actually returns an error, I also run the new PerfectTunes / AccurateRip on my library, it also detected the error - together with 560 more errors :(
              Playback and TEST CONVERSION is OK after a new rip of the defective tracks.
              So I need to RIP 560 tracks again, the only question left is why the tracks are faulty without an error after ripping?
              My best quess is that this happened because I was using the PC for other work while ripping.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If Test Conversion returns an error, then the only way for this to happen is the file was changed from what was written, some kind of corruption in the file.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• drjenkins
                  • Feb 2006

After ripping with confidence to FLAC I always run QuickPar (http://www.quickpar.org.uk/) to generate par2 checksum/repair files. If the files are ever corrupted or altered by other programs I can usually repair them. If too many blocks are damaged at least I know which tracks to re-rip. Some players like to "fix" your tags on the fly. I usually remember to disable this behavior since I like my tags the way they are, and it reduces the chance of introducing corruption.

Comment

Working...

]]>