title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Blocked by Trend Antivirus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbiew
    • Nov 2014

Asset Blocked by Trend Antivirus

I recently installed Asset v4.3 to capture PC sound and enable me to stream Spotify as well as my music files to a Cambridge StreamMagic 6 via a LAN. Initial installation and setup worked fine using 'PC Sound Capture [WASAPI]' and I could see/hear Spotify on the StreamMagic 6. However after a few minutes it stopped and I noticed my Trend antivirus had detected some issues and blocked/removed some files as being potential malware or virus threats. Are these likely to be false positive results or are there some inherent risks? I have seen other posts about disabling antivirus but I would prefer not to in general. If there are no real risks, should I try to restore the files from my antivirus or should I uninstall Asset and start again? Any setup tips for using Asset with antivirus would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by newbiew; 11-17-2014, 12:41 PM. Reason: Thanks added
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset Blocked by Trend Antivirus

They are false positives, report the files removed to Trend.

These anti-virus are getting a joke, Asset is blocked, dBpoweramp, PerfectTUNES, everything we release, some anti virus blocks....
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• newbiew
      • Nov 2014

Re: Asset Blocked by Trend Antivirus

Originally posted by Spoon
      They are false positives, report the files removed to Trend.

These anti-virus are getting a joke, Asset is blocked, dBpoweramp, PerfectTUNES, everything we release, some anti virus blocks....
      Thanks I will re-instate and let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...

]]>