title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Error - CD's are being rejected but tracks are all OK

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickGaud
    • Nov 2014

Ripping Error - CD's are being rejected but tracks are all OK

I just started using Batch Ripper and have purchased the dBpoweramp family of tools to go along with it using a Acronova Nimbie Autoloader. I'm mostly going to use this to rip the several 1000's CD I own to a digital format. So far, I've only been able to rip about 3 CD's without any errors. Most CD's are taking a super long time to rip, I've had to skip certain tracks because after 7 hours trying to read one song it just stays there instead of skipping the track automatically and about every CD has been "REJECTED" after the transfer is complete! I browse to the transfer location on my computer, all the tracks are there and they all play fine even though the Ripper logs indicate an error ripping a song - the error usually is followed by: "Error opening file, check no other program has it open". At this rate I might as well rip my CD collection one at a time!

I will be trying to rip today using iTunes.... if this works all I can say is that this program is not worth the money unless I can figure out how to resolve my issue. NOT IMPRESSED!!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping Error - CD's are being rejected but tracks are all OK

An error opening file, is just that, something is either blocking dBpoweramp from working (security software), or the path you write to does not exist, perhaps a network share with no write access.

It is one of the simplest errors, the program is never wrong in reporting this, there is nothing the program can do to force writing of the file, it is is blocked, or the drive does not exist.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>