title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Media Player for Mac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerd
    • Jan 2012

Media Player for Mac

I want to apologize if my question is a bit off topic, but i was wondering if anybody can recommend a high-quality media player for Mac.

I recently moved from Windows PC to a Mac. On Windows i was happy with the latest version of WinAmp but the version available for the Mac is still beta, has very limited functionality and has not been updated since 2012, thus, i have to assume that it is a dead product. I also does not seem to be able to read in my library of about 2000 CDs. I got about 6000 tracks imported but then the import stopped without any errors or messages.

Now i am looking for my Mac equivalent of WinAmp. It does not matter if it's a free or payable player as long as it is of high-quality. The Mac is connected via USB cable to an Accuphase DAC-40.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Gerd
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Media Player for Mac

what types of files? mp3? aac? flac? wav? etc.

Comment

• Gerd
      • Jan 2012

Mainly FLAC

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Gerd
        Mainly FLAC

Run foobar2000 in wineskin for MAC or use something from this list. I'd avoid VLC from this list. Great video player but has some issues with audio playback.

Comment

• Gerd
          • Jan 2012

Thanks for the link. I had found a few of them already when searching for the internet.

Comment

Working...

]]>