title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp Explorer Shell Extensions Crashing

dBpoweramp Explorer Shell Extensions Crashing

I've used dBpoweramp since version 11 and I'm currently using version 15.1. For the last few months I've had a problem with the 4 Windows Explorer shell extensions crashing. These are the two right-click entries to convert and edit tags and the information pop-up window when the mouse hovers over an audio file. I can sometimes get these running again with ShellExView. What is causing the crashes and how can I fix it? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp Explorer Shell Extensions Crashing

There is a chance there could be a bug in on of the handlers, but not all 4, I would check your hdd for errors, then uninstall dBpoweramp, reboot windows and reinstall.

Re: dBpoweramp Explorer Shell Extensions Crashing

I've tried disabling and enabling 1 of the 4 at a time and that doesn't. Usually, I have to disable all 4, then enable the dMC shell module and dBpoweramp shell interaction first, then the 2 handlers (dBThumb and explorer property). If you use ShelExView and sort by company you'll see what I mean.