title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and DSD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulDSD
    • May 2014

Asset and DSD

I am missing support for DSD files (dff, dsf). Both playing native as well as on the fly conversion to PCM. Given that Dbpoweramp is starting to handle DSD as well, will DSD make into Asset.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset and DSD

Native playback is not supported, however if you install the dsd codec, asset should read and xcode those files. Note if you have R15 installed you will have to force the 32 bit version to install where asset is installed by holding right shift key when run install exe.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PaulDSD
      • May 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Native playback is not supported, however if you install the dsd codec, asset should read and xcode those files. Note if you have R15 installed you will have to force the 32 bit version to install where asset is installed by holding right shift key when run install exe.
      How do I do that if my files and asset are on the QNAP?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

DSD is not supported on QNAP.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PaulDSD
          • May 2014

Nevertheless if Asset aims for the audiophile, it should support native DSD. Now for my QNAP I have reinstalled Twonky which supports DSD and streams DSD to my DAC. But I hate Twonky for its tree structure. So?

Comment

• PaulDSD
            • May 2014

Originally posted by PaulDSD
            Nevertheless if Asset aims for the audiophile, it should support native DSD. Now for my QNAP I have reinstalled Twonky which supports DSD and streams DSD to my DAC. But I hate Twonky for its tree structure. So?
            Is there place where users can put up their wishes for new releases for Asset ao Dbpoweramp like JRiver is doing.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

This forum has a wishlist section.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>