title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting WAV G.729A -> WAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkcrimson
    • Oct 2014

Converting WAV G.729A -> WAV

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase dbPoweramp Music converter, but I can't get it to convert my WAV files from WAV G.729A -> WAV Uncompressed 8Bit,8Khz,Mono.

In order to play the source WAV file on any machine you need to get the VERINT G.729A codecs from:
    http://uk.verint.com/codec-download/index
    - Impact 360 recorder codec (http://www.verint.com/Assets/verint/...ortPackage.zip)
    - Upon using gSpot to analyse the codec, it tells me it is a Directshow Codec
    - You can only play the files using a directshow compatible player like Windows Media Player
    - I cant use VLC :( nor can I use FFMPEG :(

So I went ahead and got the DirectShow plugin for dbPoweramp Music converter:

As per the instructions, I also added ".wav" to the following file.
    "%appdata%\dbpoweramp\directshow.txt"

And restarted the configuration tool to register the change.

Unfortunately when I try to convert the file I get the following error:
    Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\607046007681276.wav' to 'C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\test\607046007681276.wav'
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (AT&T Labs G729A (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Is there anything I am doing wrong? I am worried that dbPoweramp is still trying to use the default WAV decoders and is not parsing it through the DirectShow plugin.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting WAV G.729A -> WAV

You would have to delete wave.dll in the decoder folder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• darkcrimson
      • Oct 2014

Thanks for the quick reply @Spoon.

I deleted the file, and now it definitely looks like it is accessing the DirectShow filter plugin. However its saying that a directshow filter for "wav" is not installed.:

Error converting to Wave, 'C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\607046007681276.wav' to 'C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\test\607046007681276.wav'
      DirectShow filter for '.wav' file types is not installed, or audio file is corrupt. [clDecoder::Open]

I am assuming this is an issue with my machine not, dbPowerAmp. Do you know how I can view what directshow filters have been created on my computer and modify them?

These are the gSpot codec details, which led me to assume it was a directshow DMO codec.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gSpot_Output.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	292786

Click image for larger version

Name:	gSpot_FilterDetails.PNG
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	292787

Comment

• darkcrimson
        • Oct 2014

Ah I found to a directshow filter manager:

DirectShow Filter Manager - utility to help list, sort, find, add or remove DirectShow filters. Tool also can be useful for everyone when installing someting like Nimo codec pack.

and Click image for larger version

Name:	directshow_filter_manager.PNG
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	292788

So it looks like its listed... but i dont know why dbPowerAmp's plugin can't utilise it. :(

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It should be fully automatic, we ask directshow if it can decode the file, and it returns data.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• darkcrimson
            • Oct 2014

Just doing more digging into the matter. The DirectShow codec I have is only 32bit. Does the dbPowerAmp plugin check both 32bit and 64bit codecs? (just wondering as i noticed dbPoweramp is a 64bit application)

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You can uninstall dBpoweramp and reinstall holding the right shift key when running the exe, it will force the 32 bit install.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• darkcrimson
                • Oct 2014

Yes! that did it! Thanks Spoon! I will be purchasing dbPowerAmp shortly.

Comment

Working...

]]>