title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Edit meta data of Hi Rez files

Edit meta data of Hi Rez files

Is it possible to edit the meta data of Hi Rez files and convert their format (eg AIFF to FLAC), similar to the way CDs are ripped and the meta data can be modified and associated with multiple different formats using CD Ripper. The ability to modify and customize the meta data that are associated with files ripped from CDs using CD Ripper is absolutely superb. It is by far the best that I have found. I have not found a program that can do that with Hi Rez files, such as those purchased from HD Tracks. I have tried Max for Macbooks, but it is not as flexible as CD Ripper's meta data modifying capability. Is there a way to do this using DBPoweramp software? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Edit meta data of Hi Rez files

Select the file >> right click >> Edit ID Tag

I tried selecting a track in Windows File Explorer >> rt clk >> selected Edit ID Tag and edited the tag information (e.g. Album - I usually use Composer_Piece Name Conductor). When I repeated the process to check whether the tag information was changed and it was not. The original tag information was still present.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to edit the metadata. The files are .aif hi rez files from HDTracks. Could there be a problem with these files where the metadata can't be edited.

I have tried to use MAX on a Macbook and sometimes the changes don't stick with that program either for some albums (but not all).

Thanks again.

I think I found the problem. I was using my Apple-formated drive with DBPoweramp on Windows 8.1. Apparently, Win 8.1 will now read an Apple formatted drive, but can't write to it. I didn't think Windows could even read an Apple-formatted drive, but apparently Win 8.1 can now.

When I try to rt clk >> Edit ID-Tag using files on an NTFS-formatted drive, it seems to work fine. I'll follow up after a complete test, but I think that was the problem.

Sorry for the confusion...