title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ReplayGain and Cache Questions

ReplayGain and Cache Questions

I tried to post this yesterday, but it never appeared.

Back when the majority of my CDs were ripped, the ReplayGain pane looked like this:

Now there are additional options and it looks like ReplayGain is applied differently:

My question is: will the new ReplayGain match the implementation in my older rips, or do I need to change something (to make it use the older implementation or something)?

Also, is 'Drive Read Cache' the same as 'Buffer Size'? I left the Drive Read Cache setting at 1024 KB, but in CD ROM Technical details it reports "Buffer Size: 1.95 MB". Do I need to increase the Read Cache setting?

When I used Detect Read Cache, it came up with a very small number (like 120KB), but it also detected that C2 Error Pointers were working when they weren't, so I left it at 1024 KB because the guide said it was the safe choice.

Administrator

Re: ReplayGain and Cache Questions

Your old replaygain used 'replaygain' instead of the newer ebur128, you should select the old method if you want to match.

Buffer size is not for audio CDs, 1024 is a good value to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Your old replaygain used 'replaygain' instead of the newer ebur128, you should select the old method if you want to match.
    Thanks. I notice when I select the old method on the new software it uses -albummode="0" -nor 128 whereas the older software used only -albummode="0". What's the "-nor 128"?

PS. sorry for the duplicate threads, the 'will be moderated' message doesn't last very long, and I only managed to read it the second time.

Administrator

-nor128 = no R128