title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tag info missing

Tag info missing

I use dBpoweramp to convert from FLAC to ALAC and find that if I have a tag GROUPING defined, it is blanked out in the ALAC copy.

Also, if the GENRE tag contains a / (forward slash) it gets converted to \ (backward slash), e.g. Country/Rock becomes Country\Rock.

Any thoughts on what I can do to avoid these little irritations?!

Administrator

Re: Tag info missing

If you right click on the flac >> Edit ID Tags, it shows the grouping tag?

For m4a tagging '/' is a seperator for multi items, if you want Country and Rock to be '/' seperated, in Edit ID Tag it should be:

Country; Rock

it 2 separate items in the FLAC.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tag info missing

Quote Originally Posted by Brovig View Post
    I use dBpoweramp to convert from FLAC to ALAC and find that if I have a tag GROUPING defined, it is blanked out in the ALAC copy.

Also, if the GENRE tag contains a / (forward slash) it gets converted to \ (backward slash), e.g. Country/Rock becomes Country\Rock.

Any thoughts on what I can do to avoid these little irritations?!
    The problem is that FLAC and ALAC metadata don't use the exact same tags, so some are occasionally mapped to something else in the ALAC metadata. Nor do they use identical syntax or handle multiple tag entries the same way. Spoon addressed the slash issue....the solution for other the situations is to find out what they were mapped to, or to manually force the mapping you want (in the Edit ID tag DSP).

If I recall correctly, I think GROUPING is mapped to CONTENTGROUP, but I'd have to look at some files to be sure. But again, the key is to know what the corresponding tags are between the two formats.
    Last edited by BrodyBoy; 10-22-2014 at 02:10 AM.