title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Ejects 11 Times

CD Ripper Ejects 11 Times

I have an odd issue, an inconvenience really, not a problem. When I press the "Eject" button in CD Ripper, it ejects the CD correctly, and then it continues to try to eject it another 10 times (I can hear the push-out mechanism clicking). I don't mind this too much, but it takes a bit of time to wait for it before I can insert another CD, during which time it is not possible to insert one.

Is there a setting somewhere which I could use to make it eject only once, and to, perhaps, "ignore" whatever feedback it is not getting from Windows that is making it keep on ejecting the CD?

I have tested this scenario with two different drives on the same Windows 7 VM (running in Parallels) and it affected both drives. However, when I use it with the same USB drive on a different VM, I do not have this issue. I wonder if this is somehow specific to that VM...

Many thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: CD Ripper Ejects 11 Times

Does this happen when you use the CD drive's own eject button?

No, only when I use the CD Ripper eject button.

Administrator

It means that the part of the drive which signals it has been ejected is not properly implemented in the VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It means that the part of the drive which signals it has been ejected is not properly implemented in the VM.
    That makes sense. Would you know of a workaround?

Administrator

Sorry I do not.