title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Volume control

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Volume control

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, which I am fairly new to. I have an Arcam Solo Neo, which until recently I used to play FLAC files over the network using Asset UPnP on a Win7 x64 system and selecting the albums and tracks on the unit itself, which was very cumbersome. Next, I discovered Asset Control, which worked almost flawlessly until I left it to play a few tracks, when it started to hang. I then tried Kinsky, which works almost perfectly in conjunction with Asset UPnP and BubbleUPnP Server, until I try either muting or adjusting the volume, which causes my Arcam to hang until I turn it off and back on again. I was just wondering which piece of software is likely to be the cause of the problem and if possible an explanation as to why?... is it Asset UPnP or Kinsky or is the problem likely down to my Arcam hi-fi?

Is it likely I can do anything to try and rectify this problem and, if so, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-20-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Grammer

Administrator

Re: Volume control

Volume is done directly on the player through the control point.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The same problem with the volume controls causing the Arcam to hang also exists in Asset Control. Is this because of limitations with my hi-fi UPnP or is there some kind of easy fix that could be made to Asset Control?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alk630 View Post
    The same problem with the volume controls causing the Arcam to hang also exists in Asset Control.
    What do Arcam say about the unit hanging?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

They don't say much at all mville, they are very elusive and difficult to contact. One representative did get back to me to say that this was now an unsupported unit, although it is still on sale and advertised on their site. It is frustrating that hi-fi producers seem to expect their customers to pay thousands upgrading to the latest and greatest and offer little in the way of genuine support for problems. I don't even know whether this is an Arcam problem or a control point problem.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Apparently the Neo doesn't support volume commands over UPnP. The Neo will attempt to ignore the commands but they can cause it to crash. There is no solution to this as the Neo was designed on the UPnP spec of 4 years ago and is a discontinued model.... just in case someone else is looking for an answer to the same question.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-21-2014 at 12:32 PM.