title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPnP OS X as service / daemon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lazarusr
    • Jun 2011

Asset uPnP OS X as service / daemon

I am trying to run Asset UPnP on a Mac mini running OS X Server (Yosemite - 4.0). I want to run this as a headless server. However, Asset on OS X runs as a conventional app and closes whenever the user logs off. This is not ideal. Is there any way it could be run as a service or daemon. The Windows version of course has this as a straightforward setting. Any advice or suggestions welcomed.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset uPnP OS X as service / daemon

I think will do as you want.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lazarusr
      • Jun 2011

Sadly, I can't get this to work. If I try to launch Asset as a daemon (i.e. as root without any user logged in) I get an error "_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL."

Comment

• dgh
        • Jan 2015

Hello Spoon

Could you please be a little more specific. What exactly has to be launched as a daemon and what parameters (if any) have to be supplied in a corresponding *.plist file?

Thanks for any suggestions
        -dgh

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I do not think it works through lingon, it could be because there is no windowing system available as a daemon.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kapfenho
            • Dec 2014

The applications makes use of the windows system. I don't know why it does that, but the consequence is you need to be logged in OS X to use it.

You can try to start the application as a user login item (System Preferences -> User -> Login Item) and stay logged in.

Comment

Working...

]]>