title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artist tags not showing for custom compilation CD :(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • budgie
    • Oct 2014

Artist tags not showing for custom compilation CD :(

I'm trying to make some compilation albums for a mate. I created a .CUE file in ImgBurn: every track is set to "CD-TEXT: Tag", Default CD-TEXT (Disc / Track) is set as "Tag / Tag". For "Disc", I changed it to "Custom" and put in Performer: "Brad and Emma", Title: "Album 1", then burned the CD. When I opened it in dBpoweramp, the "Title" tag was showing correctly but the "artist" column was blank. I ripped 3 tracks from the album and all of them had wrongly set the artist tag as "Brad and Emma".

I then decided to edit the .CUE file in Notepad and change it from:

TITLE "Album 1"
    PERFORMER "Brad and Emma"

to:

TITLE "Brad and Emma - Album 1"

with the PERFOMER line deleted. I burned the CD again and this time dBpoweramp displayed both Title and Artist correctly. This worked fine until Album 8: dBpoweramp shows "Metallica" (who are track 1 and track 7 on this album) as the artist for every song. The same thing happened for Albums 9 and 12, but Albums 10 and 11 worked fine! I've edited every single .CUE file in the exact same way, they all follow the same format, so why is this happening on some albums?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Artist tags not showing for custom compilation CD :(

CD text has worked correctly for a long time on commercial CDs, it could be an issue with imgburn.

Comment

• budgie
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      it could be an issue with imgburn.
      Do you know what could be causing this? As I mentioned, every disc and .CUE file has been set up in the same way. I've upload 4 CUE files, 6 & 7 work, 8 & 9 don't. Could you possibly have a look at them for me, please?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I do not know, sorry.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by budgie
          Do you know what could be causing this? As I mentioned, every disc and .CUE file has been set up in the same way. I've upload 4 CUE files, 6 & 7 work, 8 & 9 don't.
          Try asking on the imgburn forum.

Comment

• budgie
            • Oct 2014

This is strange :confused: I think i've found the problem. If the Artist on Track 1 is only 1 word (e.g. Metallica), it doesn't work. If the Artist on Track 1 is more than 1 word (e.g. Jimi Hendrix), it works fine! This is consistent through every single album so far.

* Edit: or not. I've tried burning an album where Stone Sour are track 1 and the artist is listed as Stone Sour for every track!
            Last edited by budgie; 10-18-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• budgie
              • Oct 2014

I've attached screenshots of Album 7 and Album 8. Album 7 shows up correctly in both ImgBurn and dBpoweramp. Album 8 shows up correctly in ImgBurn, but not dBpoweramp. Click image for larger version

Name:	Album 7 ImgBurn.png
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	292781 Click image for larger version

Name:	Album 7 dBp.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	292782 Click image for larger version

Name:	Album 8 ImgBurn.png
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	292783 Click image for larger version

Name:	Album 8 dBp.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	292780

This may sound stupid, but I have a new theory: it's due to the number of characters in the Track 1 artist's name. Albums with Metallica (9 characters) and Stone Sour (10 characters) at Track 1 don't work, but albums with Beastie Boys (12 characters) and Dream Theater (13 characters) at Track 1 do work.
              Last edited by budgie; 10-18-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>