title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset R5 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP R5

Install reissued, it should fix this problem.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HighEnder
      • Mar 2012

Hi Spoon,

from the first check it seems to be perfect for me.:smile2:
      Everything is looking like it should be.
      The only fly in the ointment was that I have to reset up my tree our of my jpg.-backup from the screenprint I set to you. I would recommend to inform the users about this issue if they want to use the new release R5.

I will continue testing the version.

Best regards
      Markus

Comment

• Niko
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
        Install reissued, it should fix this problem.
        Hi,

this reply concerns my post *46 and *54 under this thread, and I'm glad to inform you that with the actual Beta 2 the majority of my findings has been addressed. In detail:

re. 1. of post *46: Browse Tree seems to be corrected as other users report.
        re. 2. of post *46: Compilations handling changed, but actually worde than in V 4.3. (suggestions to that I'll post separately).
        re. 3. of post *46: Results of sort order using Artist-, Album Artist- and Album-Sort tags seems actually consistent.
        re. 4. of posts *46 and *54: Not yet tested fully, shall revert.
        re. 5. of post *46: DB rebuild speed with "refresh all" seems to have increased now between 30% and 50% (about 12.000 tracks with about 750 albums).

So let met tell you that I'm very glad finding that my choice in selecting a suitable UPnP solution proved once more as correct. Nowadays it has become very seldom that software of such a quality at a considerable price is available on the market. Congratulations !

Best regards,

Niko

Comment

• alk630
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2014

Something weird is going on with the latest Asset 5.0 Beta 2.

Some weeks ago, while using version 4.3, I changed the name of the Asset UPnP identification to different name 'Asset UPnP: ADRIAN-SERVER'. At some point after that the Asset UPnP indentification reverted to the default 'Asset UPnP' without me changing any of the settings (presumably after updating to release 5.0). In the last couple of days after installing 5.0 Beta 2, the old name identification name has reappeared along with the default, even though only the default is specified in the configuration page.

I always uninstall the current version of Asset before installing a new version.

Here is a screenshot of what appears in Kinsky:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Asset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	292813

When I reboot the computer running Asset, and look in the Windows 7 x64 task manager, there are 4 instances on Asset-uPNP.exe *32 running (2 under local User Name and 2 under SYSTEM) and the same if I then use the <Restart Asset> option.

Something is not working as it should be here....
          Last edited by alk630; 11-19-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Yes you have 2 lots of Asset running (each Asset runs 2 assets). For this to happen they must be installed to different folders.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jun 2014

Nope, that's what I initially thought too, but it's not the case. There is only one instance of Asset installed in the default location. All the Asset-uPNP.exe *32 process file locations point to this same folder.
              Last edited by alk630; 11-19-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• alk630
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jun 2014

The problem above seems to have been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling again. It seems it may have been something to do with Asset running as a service at some point in the past with a different identification name than the local service, which has the default name. I cannot reproduce this problem as yet, but will keep an eye on things.

Comment

• alk630
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2014

I managed to reproduce the earlier problem I had in post *64 again this evening. It occurred after first setting Asset to run as a service with a different identification name (Asset UPnP: ADRIAN-SERVER), then switching back to a local account with the default name (Asset UPnP).

After adding around ten music albums to my collection, then reinstalling Asset 5.0 Beta 2, it reverted back to running as a service with both the service identification name and the local account identification name displaying as Media Devices. Again, there are 4 instances of Asset-uPNP.exe *32 running (2 under local User Name and 2 under SYSTEM) with ALL instances of the process file location pointing to the same default installation folder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Asset Problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	292814

Please advise on any further information you may require to help sort out this problem.
                  Last edited by alk630; 11-20-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Techwiz
                    • Dec 2012

I've installed R5 Beta 2 and I have a couple observations.

- Control point is BubbleUPnP on Android (v2.1.1.1)
                    - Renderer is Oppo BDP-103
                    - Network is a mix of wired and wireless

1. When I push tracks from my PC to the Oppo using BubbleUPnP the metadata in my FLAC files now is shown on the Oppo (this was not the case with v4.2 using this scenario). Very pleased.

2. The Oppo still does not display the album art on its "now playing" screen for any of my tracks listed in Asset (this was also the case with v4.2 and previous). I know Asset can see my album art since BubbleUPnP pulls the images up reliably. I also know the Oppo will show album art for a folder of FLAC files since it will display the folder's album art when I use Plex Media Server. I have checked and "Up Stream Artwork" is checked.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

If the control point shows the art work (when browsing) then the player should also, because the exact same values are used, nothing special is sent to a player in UPnP.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Techwiz
                        - Renderer is Oppo BDP-103

2. The Oppo still does not display the album art on its "now playing" screen for any of my tracks listed in Asset (this was also the case with v4.2 and previous). I know Asset can see my album art since BubbleUPnP pulls the images up reliably. I also know the Oppo will show album art for a folder of FLAC files since it will display the folder's album art when I use Plex Media Server. I have checked and "Up Stream Artwork" is checked
                        I have an OPPO BDP-83SE and could not get album art displayed on the "now playing" screen when streaming my mp3 files from Asset. I discovered that this was down to the abum art file size was too large for the OPPO BDP-83SE to handle.

Reducing album art file size to < 60kb (when converting from flac to mp3) resolved the issue and album art now appears on the "now playing" screen. I suspect a similar problem is occurring with your OPPO BDP-103.

Here's how I was converting from flac to mp3 and reducing the album art file size (and limiting pixel size):

Comment

• Techwiz
                          • Dec 2012

Appreciate the suggestion of album art image resizing. I don't have my album art embedded in each FLAC and MP3 file. The image files sit as a separate file in each album folder. I did try using the resize function in Asset, the Oppo still did not show the album art for the FLAC files I played. Perhaps there is a DLNA implementation issue with the Oppo. At the moment the Oppo isn't showing album art when I play FLACs through Plex media server. I may have something else going on here.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

> I did try using the resize function in Asset

This does not resize the embedded art, only the browsing art which the Oppo does not use in this instance.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Declaration
                              • Jan 2014

Hi Spoon,
                              do you have a Version for WHS2011

Mike

Comment

• dbfan
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jan 2011

Remote Desktop connect to whs then install this windows 7 version over the top of the existing.

Comment

Working...

]]>