title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP R5

Well, my next question then is.... how, if I have an album with two discs, e.g. the 'Parov Stelar - The Princess' where the disc count has somehow been previously edited to 2, can I then edit it back to 1? Is there a program out there where the disc count can be directly edited? I know this may sound pedantic, but I would just like to control the appearance of the way albums are displayed in a large collection.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alk630 View Post
    Well, my next question then is.... how, if I have an album with two discs, e.g. the 'Parov Stelar - The Princess' where the disc count has somehow been previously edited to 2, can I then edit it back to 1? Is there a program out there where the disc count can be directly edited? I know this may sound pedantic, but I would just like to control the appearance of the way albums are displayed in a large collection.
    dbpoweramp (from this site), select tracks, then right click, then EDIT ID TAG, modify disk tag info then save.
    mp3tag (which handles flac, etc. too)
    many other tag editors.....

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks garym, that works... much appreciated

Another problem with Asset UPnP for Spoon, apologies in advance for being a pain....

I have a few albums and tracks by Émilie Simon, all spelled correctly. Some of them appear under [E], some appear under [0-9] and some appear in both [E] and [0-9] together. This appears to be the same using different control points.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 04:23 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

After getting to grips with the Disc Count settings this evening and re-encoding all the FLAC files in Adele 19 (Deluxe Edition) with XRecodeII, something very weird is going on, but it may be related to the previous problem Spoon is investigating. Now, all the files from the double album are correctly listed together, but there is a problem with one track (CD1, track 5) - see screenshot below:

Snap1.jpg

All the files in each album are tagged the same, but for some reason track 5 is displayed without the album number.

dBpoweramp Guru

After getting to grips with the Disc Count settings this evening and re-encoding all the FLAC files in Adele 19 (Deluxe Edition) with XRecodeII, something very weird is going on, but it may be related to the previous problem Spoon is investigating. Now, all the files from the double album are correctly listed together, but there is a problem with one track (CD1, track 5) - see screenshot below:

Snap1.jpg

All the files in each album are tagged the same, but for some reason track 5 is displayed without the album number.
    open these files in mp3tag. select files, right click, choose "extended tags" to see what might be different regarding metadata tags. If you select all files from album and do this, you'll see if things are different in a tag (disk?) if it shows <keep> rather than the value for the album.
    Last edited by garym; 10-14-2014 at 07:32 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks garym, I already tried your suggestion, but there is absolutely no difference in the metadata tags. I think this problem is related to the one that Spoon is already looking at.

Administrator

Please try this new version here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...998*post149998

After installing a full Rescan (Refresh All) should be done to re-index.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Should Asset be able to routinely pick up case changes in an Album or Artist, e.g. 'When the Wind Blows' -> 'When The Wind Blows' or 'Abba '-> 'ABBA' and update accordingly? This does not appear to be happening in some instances.

Edit: Only just seen your post for the new version of Beta 5, so will let you know....
    Last edited by alk630; 10-16-2014 at 11:19 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Should Asset be able to routinely pick up case changes in an Album or Artist, e.g. 'When the Wind Blows' -> 'When The Wind Blows' or 'Abba '-> 'ABBA' and update accordingly?
    In Asset UPnP Configuration, select Refresh All and you should definitely see the case changes when it has finished scanning.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Please try this new version here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...998*post149998

After installing a full Rescan (Refresh All) should be done to re-index.
    Congratulations and thank you Spoon, the new Asset Beta 5 appears to be working correctly without albums being duplicated.

There is still a problem with 'Émilie Simon' (with an e-acute) albums appearing sometimes in [E], sometimes in [0-9] and sometimes in both. 'The xx' appears in <Artist / Album> [0-9], but this may be by design if 'xx' is interpreted as Roman numerals? Albums beginning with '&' and various other symbols e.g. '.' when not followed by a number are also appearing in <Albums> [0-19], along with various other albums beginning with regular alphabetical letters (see screenshot):

Snap1.jpg

Administrator

Check if these albums have an Album Sort tag set.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Last night, after adding a new Led Zeppelin album to the collection, in the control point the album doesn't appear under <Album / Artist>, but does appear under <All Tracks>. All the tagging appears to be correct. Any ideas as to what may be happening here please?

Administrator

It is missing in Asset Control?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No, sorry I didn't check there.. it was missing in Kinsky - I hadn't realised different control points treated things differently and the album does show in Asset Control.

I posted last night (it seems to have disappeared) to say the new version is working very well, but there was still a problem with album artists starting with E-acute appearing in both [E] and [0-10] together. This happens in both Kinsky and Asset Control... is this normal behaviour?

Apologies for all the questions, there appears to be quite a steep learning curve to begin with, but I'm getting there

Administrator

The post is now above.