title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset R5 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simes_pep
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Re: Asset R5 Discussions

Thank you for the Folder Icons in the latest R5 Beta for Windows.

They display well in the Naim app - they resize from the list to matrix views. Do the base images need to be provided in Assetimages in 235 x 235?

Thanks,
    Simon.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

They can be any size.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Animal
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
        If you install R5 beta over R4 WHS (without uninstalling) it will work on WHS also.
        Does that also hold for an AssetNAS from HFX running Asset 4 with "Premium Registered" functionality (seem to remember something special regarding the HFX-licenses)?

Regards, Louis.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It will work also.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mamema
            • Oct 2013

Re: Asset UPnP R5

just sneaked into the latest beta again.
            I've installed over a 4.3 registered version

After the library is scanned without changing anything the following happend:

On Controller (Kinsky, Plugplayer not matter which one)
            The Album view selected showed
            ___
            ALBUMS
            [A...]
            [B...]

...and so on

in 4.3 the same view was. Album tree selected:
            Album title xyz
            Album title abc
            Album title .....

I prefer this view and there is no checkmark in the A..Z checkbox in the config tool......

Regards

mamema

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You must have customized the browse, R5 creates its own browse tree different to r4, you have to re-customize.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Yveke
                • May 2015

Hi,

Some questions with regards to DSD "as is" streaming.

1) I use a Marantz AV7702 and use Asset to stream DSD(DSF) to it. When I use the pure direct mode of the AV7702 the sound is fine, but becasue of this mode I am not able to use bass mgmt, and have some bass issues i.e. too boomy with my KEF R900 front speakers due to the room. With the Stereo mode and Audyssey Flat mode of the AV7702 I get bass mgmt, however the DSD playback sounds slightly distorted. Tested this on many DSD's. Realizing this might not be caused by Asset, I just wanted to understand if it could or if the processing mode in the AV7702(maybe processor not able to handle both Audyssey and DSD decode?)

2)When using DBPowerAmp to convert the DSF files to Flac without any DSP effects, the resulting flac plays back several db lower i.e. the original DSF plays louder than the converted Flac file? I am not using any replaygain or anything.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Comment

• nautibuoy
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Yveke
                  1) I use a Marantz AV7702 and use Asset to stream DSD(DSF) to it. When I use the pure direct mode of the AV7702 the sound is fine, but becasue of this mode I am not able to use bass mgmt, and have some bass issues i.e. too boomy with my KEF R900 front speakers due to the room. With the Stereo mode and Audyssey Flat mode of the AV7702 I get bass mgmt, however the DSD playback sounds slightly distorted. Tested this on many DSD's. Realizing this might not be caused by Asset, I just wanted to understand if it could or if the processing mode in the AV7702(maybe processor not able to handle both Audyssey and DSD decode?)
                  The stream from Asset will be the same in the different scenarios and Asset cannot 'know' what processing the Marantz is doing; it can only be an issue with the Marantz.

Comment

• nautibuoy
                    • Dec 2011

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but curious if there are plans for Asset to be able to transcode to DSD (dsf/dff) and, if so, at what rates.

I've already converted some FLAC to DSD and like the result.

I ask because there is some good experimentation/development going on for 'DAC chip free' decoding of DSD (simplistically, based on using a low pass filter to strip off the carrier signal so the higher the DSD rate you use the further any noise is from the audio band). Results are looking very positive. Downside is you can't decode PCM with such a device, hence the question.

I appreciate that ultimately hardware will be a limiting factor.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Converting to DSD is unlikely to ever be supported.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• narbi
                        • Dec 2014

Since last beta on almost all my favorites in the tunein favorites display twice, one for MP3 and another for AAC. Can we choose somewhere which type is preferred to only display each radio once ?
                        Still a bunch of non working radios, btw, and some of them with buffering issues (constant drops, the buffer feed happens after the drop, and not before the audio drops, as it normally should).
                        If you look at it, under France > Paris, you will have RTL2 with constant drops, and for the non working ones : France musique, Chérie FM, Radio classique, ...

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

It is a tricky one that, because mp3 at 128kbps is not the same as aac 128kbps (in quality).
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2014

Asset Beta 11 still shows up as Beta 10 after installation over the top of existing Beta 10 version, when offered to <uninstall old> and selecting <no>... not a major problem, but have tried twice on Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

should be fixed now.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Willliam K
                                • Aug 2014

I'm a registered user of 4.3 and I'm not having any issues right now. I'm streaming to my AVR. Should I install the upgrade or just leave well enough alone?

Comment

Working...

]]>