title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset R5 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alk630
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2014

Re: Asset UPnP R5

Originally posted by Spoon
    Enabling the debug log simply restarts asset, it should not need a rescan because the database is only read from. The debug log could be enabled, however at least once a week restart asset otherwise the log will grow too big.
    I have to force a rescan because unless I do, asset refuses to restart and constantly says 'Asset is not running'. This is a frustrating problem because the database then takes several hours to recompile, but I will now endeavour to send a debug report next time the problem occurs.

Comment

• alk630
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2014

So, here's a detailed summary of what is going wrong on my system:

This problem started a couple of weeks ago now, initially I was running Asset 5 Beta 2, but it has since happened on Asset 5 Beta 3 on Windows 7 SP1 x64.

I loaded an album 'Pure Moods' to play in Kinsky, which it did perfectly. I then completely cleared the playlist.

Now, after loading any fresh tunes, after every track I play it reverts back to playing tracks from the album 'Pure Moods' I loaded last week, which are not in the playlist or displayed anywhere apart from the current song.

At first I thought this must be a problem with the control point, so I switched to using Asset Control. Again, the playlist was cleared before starting and had not previously played album 'Pure Moods', but as with Kinsky, I loaded up a playlist and after each track, tracks from the original album 'Pure Moods' I loaded last week start to play.

I managed to solve the above problem after rebooting the router, restarting the computer running Asset, then restarting Asset with a <Refresh All>.

Yesterday, after the problem above recurred, for the second time, I enabled <Output Debug Log> and pressed <OK> as instructed.

Asset re-started, but reported that it was not running.

I tried to re-start Asset, but each and every time it continually reported it was not running.

I restarted the PC and rebooted the router. Asset was now running, but now reported 118340 tracks and 0 albums.

Next, I selected a <Rescan Library> -> <Detecting Changes>. Asset appeared to scan the library but reported 118340 tracks and 0 albums.

Next, I selected a <Rescan Library> -> <Refresh All>.

At this point, I selected <Output Debug Log> in Advanced Settings.

Today, after the database had been completely rebuilt, I cleared all Kinsky's playlists and loaded a random album 'Deep Sounds: The Very Best Of Deep House'. The first track plays correctly and then it still reverts back to playing 'Pure Moods'.

Here is the debug log: http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/UmYBldMX/file.html
      Last edited by alk630; 01-15-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Thanks for the log, these are my findings (please contact the manufacturer of your player and pass this info on):

You played track 1, then track 2 form Deep Sounds, looking at the log the last file requests were:

Serving File as is: D:\Music\Various Artists (VA)\Deep Sounds; The Very Best Of Deep House - Various Artists (2014) 2CD\CD1\01 - Stolen Dance - Milky Chance.flac

Serving File as is: D:\Music\Various Artists (VA)\Pure Moods - Various Artists (1997)\01 - Return To Innocence - Enigma.flac

So the 2nd file which played wrond was requested as 'd1584929063876504060-co67.flac'

The number after 'd' is a hash of the filename, even if you cleared your database and rescanned, the same file will have the same number, the -co is not really used (it is the container it was browsed from). Looking at your browse for the album Deep Sounds, the first 2 tracks were returned as:

1. Stolen Dance as: http://192.168.1.77:26125/content/c2...723-co736.flac
        1. Wake Me Up (Pang! Slowing Things Down Remix) as: http://192.168.1.77:26125/content/c2...665-co736.flac

However the player requests: d1584929063876504060-co67.flac

Looking for the value d1584929063876504060 in the log, it does not exist (prior to the file request), it was never shown on a browse, this 100% says it cannot be an issue with Asset, because since it was restarted that entry was not given out. Some how your player is remembering old items in the playlist, all Asset is doing is serving the correct file for which it was asked and it was asked for d1584929063876504060-co67.flac
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2014

Thanks very much for this information Spoon. I have had issues in the past with Arcam 'remembering' old network names (I mentioned it here some time ago), even after a hard reset. I have had no end of trouble with the current Solo Neo player, which Arcam refuse to still support, so will be considering an upgrade to a newer player in the near future. I appreciate the time you have spent looking at this and it is reassuring to know the problem does not lie with Asset.

Is the problem with Asset not restarting correctly after these events all tied into the same problem?
          Last edited by alk630; 01-16-2015, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

No, we will investigate this separately.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2011

Dare you mention an ETA (no warranties)?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Over 4 months is all we know right now.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2014

Liking the new Asset 5 Beta 5 and all the bugfixes.... thanks Spoon.

Comment

• Jeff Flowerday
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Mar 2008

What are the chances of getting HDCD decoding added to R5?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It is not currently planned.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jeff Flowerday
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                        It is not currently planned.
                        I think it's an option that might get you a few more customers. I'd prefer non destructive HDCD decoding in my player and currently only foobar2000 supports it. Having a UPNP server doing it behind JRiver would be awesome.

Comment

• narbi
                          • Dec 2014

The latest release (beta 6) isn't working at all. I simply upgraded from beta 5, but after that, with Kinsky as controller, I'm unable to browse anything past the categories, it takes very long then gives an error message, even after asset restart and computer restart).
                          I reverted back to beta 5, worked fine again.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Noted, we will test kinsky.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jul 2011

Testing Asset R5 beta 6 vs Kinsky (Windows, iPad, Android), everything works as expected.

Please clarify which exact version of Kinsky you're using.
                              Last edited by PeterP; 03-05-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• narbi
                                • Dec 2014

Latest I think, 4.3.14

Comment

Working...

]]>