title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset R5 Discussions

Cool, how long before you port this version to the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks,
    Simon.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP R5

Could be a while, the developer is working on Foobar, then OSX dBpoweramp, so quite a list to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The next generation of Asset.

Install over the top of existing version, when offered to uninstall old, select no.
    Done that. But afterwards the configured folder structure was only present in the config GUI but not via the client device. Changing (adding / deleting) folders in the config tool didn't change anything. Reseting to default also changed nothing on client side.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Will this beta release install ok on WHS 2011 or should I wait for a .wssx release?

Thanks

Mick

EDIT: Sorry - "Windows - all versions"!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    Done that. But afterwards the configured folder structure was only present in the config GUI but not via the client device. Changing (adding / deleting) folders in the config tool didn't change anything. Reseting to default also changed nothing on client side.
    Is there a chance the client does not show Assets browse tree? or you have two assets running?

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    The good thing first: Now every file has a picture on the device. I am very happy.
    However I have to admind that I am suffering quite on the same thing like mamema.
    The tree: Genre -> Composer -> Album can be seen in the config setup is possible but is not working on the device side (Device: ipad 4 - Kinsky app).
    On the device the logic is: Genre -> Album. The Composer is missing.

I would be very happy if this feature wil be available very soon, again.

Quote Originally Posted by HighEnder View Post
    The good thing first: Now every file has a picture on the device. I am very happy.
    Maybe I have to add some things to avoid any misunderstanding to that topic.
    As you may have in mind I like to listen to classic music.
    In the version 4.3 no album art was displayed if there are many artists in the artist lists. Only the first name was related to the album art.
    In the release 5 all artists which are mentioned in the artist tag - e.g. in a duett in operas - have now an album art. That's great. Thank you.

Best regards
    Markus

Administrator

Noted.

Hi

Somewhere burried in the forum someone asked during R4 release, if full text search will be possible. For me this would be my dream feature. I have >30000 tracks and with the current version i have to know the artist upfront "Clapton" wouldn't find the artist "Eric Clapton". This renders the search function more or less useless at the end.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

After installation Asset UPnP Beta 5 and forcing a complete re-scan, I am having problems with some artists displaying twice in 'Libraries -> Asset UPnP -> Artist / Album', even though they are spelled exactly the same. Sometimes the tracks shown for these artists are on the same album and other times on different albums. The album art for some of these repeated artists is also incorrect.

In addition, when inspecting some of the albums in 'Artist / Album' tree, some albums appear twice with some tracks in one and the rest in the other. For example 'Adele 19 (Disk 2)' displays twice with track 1 in the first and tracks 2-10 in the second folder.

The above problems exist using both Asset Control and Kinsky.

In addition, why does 'The xx' display in 'Artist / Album -> [0-9]', rather than under 'X'... is this because xx is interpreted as a number?

Windows 7 SP1 x64.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-13-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Administrator

We could do with your database to look at it, there is a program where asset is installed called:

uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe

Run it, save the produced file (it will appear in notepad). Then email the file please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The database dump is 138 Mb, it's too big to e-mail so I've uploaded it to the file hosting site ZippyShare:

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/43570047/file.html

Administrator

>'Artist / Album' tree, some albums appear twice with some tracks in one and the rest in the other. For example 'Adele 19 (Disk 2)' displays twice with track 1 in the first and tracks 2-10 in the second folder.

What do you mean by 'in the first?'

If you browse:

Adelle >> 19 (Deluxe Edition), Disc 2

it lists track 1 'Chasing Pavements' twice?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Database uploaded...

I have also noted that for some multi-disc albums, which are both labelled exactly the same, that sometimes they are labelled <Album Title, Disc 1>, <Album Title, Disc 2>, etc. At other times multi-disc albums are labelled with <Disc 1> missing, but <Disc 2> etc. correctly shown.

There are numerous examples of this, but one example can be seen with the artist Parov Stelar - The Princess, which is correctly labelled <The Princess, Disc 1> and <The Princess, Disc 2> and Parov Stelar - Coco, which is labelled <Coco> and <Coco, Disc 2>, with the <Disc 1> missing.

This problem seems to be the same regardless of which control point is used, e.g. Asset Control or Kinsky.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Administrator

This is because for that album it has no Disc Count in the tags, it should be set as:

1/3 (if there are 3 discs in the set)

instead it is 1

The database has been uploaded to where sorry?

'Artist / Album' tree, some albums appear twice with some tracks in one and the rest in the other. For example 'Adele 19 (Disk 2)' displays twice with track 1 in the first and tracks 2-10 in the second folder.
    What do you mean by 'in the first?'

If you browse:

Adelle >> 19 (Deluxe Edition), Disc 2

it lists track 1 'Chasing Pavements' twice?