title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset R5 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simes_pep
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Asset R5 Discussions

Cool, how long before you port this version to the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks,
    Simon.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP R5

Could be a while, the developer is working on Foobar, then OSX dBpoweramp, so quite a list to get through.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mamema
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      The next generation of Asset.

Install over the top of existing version, when offered to uninstall old, select no.
      Done that. But afterwards the configured folder structure was only present in the config GUI but not via the client device. Changing (adding / deleting) folders in the config tool didn't change anything. Reseting to default also changed nothing on client side.

Comment

• mickc
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2010

Will this beta release install ok on WHS 2011 or should I wait for a .wssx release?

Thanks

Mick

EDIT: Sorry - "Windows - all versions"!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by mamema
          Done that. But afterwards the configured folder structure was only present in the config GUI but not via the client device. Changing (adding / deleting) folders in the config tool didn't change anything. Reseting to default also changed nothing on client side.
          Is there a chance the client does not show Assets browse tree? or you have two assets running?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HighEnder
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by mamema
            The good thing first: Now every file has a picture on the device. I am very happy.
            However I have to admind that I am suffering quite on the same thing like mamema.
            The tree: Genre -> Composer -> Album can be seen in the config setup is possible but is not working on the device side (Device: ipad 4 - Kinsky app).
            On the device the logic is: Genre -> Album. The Composer is missing.

I would be very happy if this feature wil be available very soon, again.

Comment

• HighEnder
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by HighEnder
              The good thing first: Now every file has a picture on the device. I am very happy.
              Maybe I have to add some things to avoid any misunderstanding to that topic.
              As you may have in mind I like to listen to classic music.
              In the version 4.3 no album art was displayed if there are many artists in the artist lists. Only the first name was related to the album art.
              In the release 5 all artists which are mentioned in the artist tag - e.g. in a duett in operas - have now an album art. That's great. Thank you.

Best regards
              Markus

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Noted.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mamema
                  • Oct 2013

Hi

Somewhere burried in the forum someone asked during R4 release, if full text search will be possible. For me this would be my dream feature. I have >30000 tracks and with the current version i have to know the artist upfront "Clapton" wouldn't find the artist "Eric Clapton". This renders the search function more or less useless at the end.

Comment

• alk630
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2014

After installation Asset UPnP Beta 5 and forcing a complete re-scan, I am having problems with some artists displaying twice in 'Libraries -> Asset UPnP -> Artist / Album', even though they are spelled exactly the same. Sometimes the tracks shown for these artists are on the same album and other times on different albums. The album art for some of these repeated artists is also incorrect.

In addition, when inspecting some of the albums in 'Artist / Album' tree, some albums appear twice with some tracks in one and the rest in the other. For example 'Adele 19 (Disk 2)' displays twice with track 1 in the first and tracks 2-10 in the second folder.

The above problems exist using both Asset Control and Kinsky.

In addition, why does 'The xx' display in 'Artist / Album -> [0-9]', rather than under 'X'... is this because xx is interpreted as a number?

Windows 7 SP1 x64.
                    Last edited by alk630; 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

We could do with your database to look at it, there is a program where asset is installed called:

uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe

Run it, save the produced file (it will appear in notepad). Then email the file please:

Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2014

The database dump is 138 Mb, it's too big to e-mail so I've uploaded it to the file hosting site ZippyShare:

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

>'Artist / Album' tree, some albums appear twice with some tracks in one and the rest in the other. For example 'Adele 19 (Disk 2)' displays twice with track 1 in the first and tracks 2-10 in the second folder.

What do you mean by 'in the first?'

If you browse:

Adelle >> 19 (Deluxe Edition), Disc 2

it lists track 1 'Chasing Pavements' twice?
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2014

Database uploaded...

I have also noted that for some multi-disc albums, which are both labelled exactly the same, that sometimes they are labelled <Album Title, Disc 1>, <Album Title, Disc 2>, etc. At other times multi-disc albums are labelled with <Disc 1> missing, but <Disc 2> etc. correctly shown.

There are numerous examples of this, but one example can be seen with the artist Parov Stelar - The Princess, which is correctly labelled <The Princess, Disc 1> and <The Princess, Disc 2> and Parov Stelar - Coco, which is labelled <Coco> and <Coco, Disc 2>, with the <Disc 1> missing.

This problem seems to be the same regardless of which control point is used, e.g. Asset Control or Kinsky.
                            Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

This is because for that album it has no Disc Count in the tags, it should be set as:

1/3 (if there are 3 discs in the set)

instead it is 1

The database has been uploaded to where sorry?

'Artist / Album' tree, some albums appear twice with some tracks in one and the rest in the other. For example 'Adele 19 (Disk 2)' displays twice with track 1 in the first and tracks 2-10 in the second folder.
                              What do you mean by 'in the first?'

If you browse:

Adelle >> 19 (Deluxe Edition), Disc 2

it lists track 1 'Chasing Pavements' twice?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>