title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Image Cache

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alk630
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2014

Re: Image Cache

Originally posted by Spoon
    It is possible for 1 file to contain multiple arts, if there is a bug in mp3tag there is no guessing the state of art internally.
    Is there an easy way for users to find which files contain multiple arts Spoon?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Not that I am aware of.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2014

Okay thanks... then is there an easy way to clean multiple file arts? It seems the only time this problem arises is when it is noticed by users in their collection when using a control point. I found a solution in Tag&Rename, as posted above, but does not seem an easy way to achieve this task.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is more of a problem of the tool used to apply the art then the one reading the art, for example PerfectTUNES will clear all art when updating.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jun 2014

Thank you kindly, I will have a look at PerfectTUNES

Comment

• Buntobox
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by alk630
              Hello Buntobox.... this is the same issue I had.

Here is how I resolved the problem in the latest version of Tag&Rename....

Editing all fields for the problem album in the Tag Editor, I clicked the file <Art> button, then <Remove> and <Save> to remove the correct art. I then completely closed Tag&Rename and repeated the same process for the same album where the old incorrect art was now visible and could be deleted. Strangely, this does not seem to work if Tag&Rename is not restarted after deleting the first correct album art... hope this makes sense?

Maybe Spoon can shed some light on how two different file arts are applied to some files?
              Hi
              Thanks for the suggestion. I've been through the process you describe but there was no duplicate artwork on any of those files so I'm stuck and I may just have to live with the problem. The incorrect artwork still shows and I've no idea where it can possibly be lurking.

Comment

• alk630
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jun 2014

Strangely enough, the rogue art has reappeared again today, I have no idea where it is lurking either... would it be possible for someone here to investigate the files in question so we can get an answer as to what is happening please?

Comment

• dbfan
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jan 2011

If other control points do not show this art, then 100% it does not exist on server.

Comment

• alk630
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2014

Kinsky shows the wrong art in the album/artist root, but the correct art for the individual album and the audio files within.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

This is upstream art, it is set once and updating files later on does not change. To change it, you have to do a Rescan (Refresh All).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Buntobox
                        • Oct 2013

Kinsky shows the wrong art in the album/artist root, but the correct art for the individual album and the audio files within.
                        This is exactly the situation I'm having using the new Naim app. I have done a refesh all rescan and it made no difference

Comment

• alk630
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jun 2014

I'm pleased to say my problem with album art now seems to be resolved. Sometimes with a large collection of music, it takes a while after a rescan to pick up all the changes.

Comment

• Buntobox
                            • Oct 2013

I'm pleased to say my problem with album art now seems to be resolved. Sometimes with a large collection of music, it takes a while after a rescan to pick up all the changes.
                            I've found that the problem has resolved itself too, close to a week after I last did something to fix it. I'm mystified but nonetheless pleased it's finally sorted.

Comment

Working...

]]>