title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image Cache

Image Cache

Is there a way to refresh or rebuild the artwork cache? I am using Asset with the new Naim app for my NDX 5S streamer and on the artist page of the app it is showing artwork that is at least two weeks old. I know that because I altered an album cover and it's still showing the way it was before I altered it. Opening that album and the altered image is there. I have Asset set to not resize artwork and also to upstream it. Changing either or both of these setting doesn't change the situation.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Image Cache

+1, I have the same problem and would like to know the solution too please.

Administrator

The cache can either be on Asset, or the Naim controller, if you install Asset Control (another UPNP Control point, see the testing section of this forum), you can browse asset to see the art it is currently giving out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The cache can either be on Asset, or the Naim controller, if you install Asset Control (another UPNP Control point, see the testing section of this forum), you can browse asset to see the art it is currently giving out.
    This is certainly useful but it doesn't really help the situation. The artwork on this control app is fine, but how do I get it onto the Naim app that way where is it is two weeks out of date? Refreshing or rebuilding the library cache is what I need but this Asset control programme doesn't seem to give you that option.

Administrator

The art shown in Asset Control is the art that Asset is giving out (to all). The issue is with the Naim Controller, how you invalidate its cache, I do not know, perhaps ask on the naim forum.

Try this in Naim N-Stream 4.1:

Settings, input settings, UPnP, clear cache UPnP. This regenerates your thumbnails.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

In that case, after installing Asset Control, Asset UPnP is giving out the wrong artwork for one of my albums, even after a complete rescan. It incorrectly shows album art which I replaced weeks ago for one particular album.

Administrator

Perhaps you have 2 album arts in the same file, or all the tracks on the album were not updated?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Currently using Asset UPnP 4.3 Premium.

This is a 500-track compilation of various FLAC tracks, which all have the same 300x300 dpi cover art. I replaced the original album art a few weeks ago with a newer 300x300 dpi image for each track using Tag&Rename, but Asset Control still shows the older incorrect cover art. There is only one album art in the same file and all the tracks have been updated. I have forced a rescan of the library several times, but the old album art shows up for every one of the different artists in that compilation.... any ideas?
    Last edited by alk630; 10-11-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Administrator

If you do a 'Refresh All' rescan, the whole album art cache is dropped, so if that artwork reappears then it is coming from the files or folder.jpg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you do a 'Refresh All' rescan, the whole album art cache is dropped, so if that artwork reappears then it is coming from the files or folder.jpg
    Sorted thanks.... when I removed the new album art, it appeared the old album art was also still attached to each FLAC file. I didn't know this could happen, but thanks for the help Spoon.

Edit: This appears to be a bug with Tag&Rename, so I've reported it.
    Last edited by alk630; 10-11-2014 at 07:07 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I had no idea about Asset Control or just how powerful it was until yesterday.... exactly what I was looking for to control my music collection on my Arcam Solo Neo. A brilliant little program and it would be great to see this finalised and out of beta - I would even pay for it

I have this issue too. The old artwork keeps reappearing on my list of composers but if I open the composer folder to show the albums, the correct artwork is there. I tried everything I could think of to get rid of the old artwork but it kept returning. I have even DELETED all the tags in that composer folder and rewritten them by hand in MP3Tag, then attaching the correct artwork at the end, but the old artwork is STILL showing up! I have done a complete search of the PC for the old file and there is no evidence that it exists anywhere, so how on earth is it managing to show up regardless of what I do to purge it?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hello Buntobox.... this is the same issue I had.

Here is how I resolved the problem in the latest version of Tag&Rename....

Editing all fields for the problem album in the Tag Editor, I clicked the file <Art> button, then <Remove> and <Save> to remove the correct art. I then completely closed Tag&Rename and repeated the same process for the same album where the old incorrect art was now visible and could be deleted. Strangely, this does not seem to work if Tag&Rename is not restarted after deleting the first correct album art... hope this makes sense?

Maybe Spoon can shed some light on how two different file arts are applied to some files?
    Last edited by alk630; 10-14-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Administrator

It is possible for 1 file to contain multiple arts, if there is a bug in mp3tag there is no guessing the state of art internally.