title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting multi-channel flac files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Converting multi-channel flac files

Originally posted by RonM
    Not sure where to find the Test Conversion DSP, it's not in my DSP options.

R.
    hmmm. it's not something you install separately. On my install, it's in the dropdown list when I select files, right click and select "convert to", same list as FLaC, lame, etc., but it is toward the bottom of that list....do you need to scrolll down to see the entire list. (and note you CONVERT TO this dsp (just like CONVERT TO "FLaC". It is not a DSP that you include in the converter window when you are converting to other things (i.e., like the ReplayGain DSP, etc.).

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RonM
      Not sure where to find the Test Conversion DSP, it's not in my DSP options.
      Actually, I was hoping Spoon would answer the question: Does the Test Conversion DSP find both corrupt audio and corrupt metadata?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Test Conversion is not a DSP, it is a virtual encoder. If converting FLAC it can find corrupted metadata or audio data.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Test Conversion is not a DSP, it is a virtual encoder. If converting FLAC it can find corrupted metadata or audio data.
          Excellent. A very useful way to test downloaded flacs for potential problems with audio and/or metadata, before adding these files to music libraries or converting to other formats.

Comment

• RonM
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2008

Aside from including a 6k x 6k image embedded in each file, the metadata was also corrupt and the files could not be used properly. The artist provided an alternative download link (to wav files) which I have downloaded, converted to flac and to which I added metadata. All is well.

Thanks for all your help, and introduction to useful tools previously unfamiliar to me.

r.

Comment

Working...

]]>