title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: MP3 songs always missing last few seconds of song when played on Chrysler Uconnect

MP3 songs always missing last few seconds of song when played on Chrysler Uconnect

Has anybody else seen this and know of a solution?
    I've batch converted many of my FLAC songs to MP3 format. They play correctly in a playlist in that a given song ends normally and the next song begins on any PC based MP3 player, BUT
    My car audio system (which is a Chrysler Uconnect system) always seems to chop off that last second or two off of all songs as it transitions to the next song. Never the beginning of any song. Only the end.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: MP3 songs always missing last few seconds of song when played on Chrysler Uconne

Quote Originally Posted by ccbvsy View Post
    Has anybody else seen this and know of a solution?
    I've batch converted many of my FLAC songs to MP3 format. They play correctly in a playlist in that a given song ends normally and the next song begins on any PC based MP3 player, BUT
    My car audio system (which is a Chrysler Uconnect system) always seems to chop off that last second or two off of all songs as it transitions to the next song. Never the beginning of any song. Only the end.
    I wonder if the car system has some sort of cross fade turned on? Or it is just the way the cache is working? Hard to say. Car systems always seem at least 10 years behind the times in terms of technology.

Administrator

Re: MP3 songs always missing last few seconds of song when played on Chrysler Uconne

Potentially a bug in the player, I guess is related to ID Tags, try removing the embedded album art.