title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Installed dbPowerAmp v15.1 - FLAC not working - 64bit binary not found

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razzlephrazz
    • Oct 2014

Installed dbPowerAmp v15.1 - FLAC not working - 64bit binary not found

I've searched these forums for several hours, so I apologize if this is answered elsewhere.
    [The search results doesn't sort by date, and has other limitations, but I tried my best.]

Anyhow, I just upgraded to dBpoweramp Reference R15 and installed the 64-bit version,
    but I don't see the "amp" application in the Program Files > dBpoweramp (64-bit programs folder).
    My desktop shortcut for dBpowerAMP is still pointing to the one in x86 (32-bit programs).

After the v15.1 install, I can't play FLAC files. When I try, some random MP3 file plays instead.

I can provide screen shots of the 64 and 32-bit folder contents or other info as needed.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Installed dbPowerAmp v15.1 - FLAC not working - 64bit binary not found

Cannot play flac in which program?

Comment

• Razzlephrazz
      • Oct 2014

The main dBpoweramp player - which plays other files OK. It looks like it's only the 32 bit binary (amp.exe).
      It seems the 64 bit executable is missing (in the 64-bit app directory).
      32-bit app dir:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbPowerAmp-32bit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	292759

64-bit app dir:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbPowerAmp-64bit.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	292760

FLAC, SHN, MP3, OGG, WAV all played OK back before the upgrade.
      FLAC does not play back after the upgrade (MP3 does, didn't check others yet).

-Thanks,

Phrazz
      Last edited by Razzlephrazz; 10-04-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try installing:

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razzlephrazz
          • Oct 2014

I am installing this (and did before), but it also installs in the 32-bit directory. Why is this?
          The CODEC install defaults to -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
          It says Existing Version:
          Release 14 (FLAC 1.2.1),
          Installing Version: Release 14 (FLAC 1.2.1)
          [ie, identical, was previously installed, or attempted]
          Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBConfig.exe'.

Where can I get a log of the dBConfig.exe failure?
          Shouldn't everything go in the 64-bit directory?
          Where is the 64-bit binary for the player?
          Should I change the CODEC pack install to the 64-bit directory?

The same problem persists (can't play FLAC files).
          Last edited by Razzlephrazz; 10-04-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

amp.exe is a 32 bit program it would need the 32 bit dll. The dBConfig is not needed.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razzlephrazz
              • Oct 2014

Spoon, can you please read my questions and troubleshooting information?

It appears that these responses are coming from an autoresponder.

-Thanks,

Phrazz

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is not automated, I did not need to answer each question because they were about dBConfig and 64 bit, neither which are relevant to dBpoweramp Audio Player (from 14 years ago).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razzlephrazz
                  • Oct 2014

Why is there no dbPowerAmp player in the 64-bit directory? The binary in the 32-bit folder is dated Oct 2012 (the last fully-working install).

If the player began 14 years ago, the software has been updated since then. I'm not sure why that information is relevant (unless you add the context, ie, explain why).

I'm very confused because of lack of answers to a few basic questions. You may not think they are relevant, but I need to know what I can do (besides what you told me, which I did, which didn't work). By answering some of these "potentially irrelevant" questions with even short answers, I may be able to work with you to figure out the problem and solution more quickly (I have worked in computing for over 30 years).

I'm asking for a little better response, considering I'm a long-time paying customer (I've paid for several upgrades to dBpoweramp, and things seem to break whenever I upgrade, which makes me reluctant to upgrade in the future).

I'd like to ask why the dbConfig is not needed...what does it do...this may be related to FLAC not working in the player.

I can provide logs or other information...please let me know what to try next. Please provide more complete answers and explanations, so we can learn how to diagnose and fix this problem.

-Thank you,

Phrazz

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp Audio player has not been updated in the last 12 years. It is not possible to pay for dBpoweramp Audio Player, it was free, we cannot effectively offer support for a player which was discontinued 10 years ago.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razzlephrazz
                      • Oct 2014

So, is there any way to get the player to play FLAC files?

Or, is there a newer player for dbPowerAmp?

What exactly did I pay for?

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Razzlephrazz
                        What exactly did I pay for?
                        Huh? the player was free. You didn't pay for anything. dbpoweramp on the other hand you did pay for. But its purpose is to rip and convert files, it is not a player. I'd suggest Foobar2000 as a good high quality windows based player/library management system.

Comment

Working...

]]>