title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Questions about CD Ripper

Questions about CD Ripper

I recently purchased DBPowerAmp (R15 Reference Version) but have some problems.

Firstly, on the CD Ripper the Meta 'ID Tag' Button in the top left hand corner is greyed out on my version. How can I activate this?

Secondly, how do I get the programme to recognise pre-emphasis and 'de-emphasise' songs?

Is there somewhere I can get some recommended settings for an 'audiophile' approach? I want to rip my CDs accurately but as there appear to be so many settings to play with, it is slightly overwhelming.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Administrator

Re: Questions about CD Ripper

The metadata button is only disabled if there is no cd, or you are actively ripping.

It is not possible for dBpoweramp to de-emphasise cds, however it can recognize them, if you right click on the track columns and enable 'track technical'

For setup:

http://dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Knowles View Post
    Is there somewhere I can get some recommended settings for an 'audiophile' approach?
    In terms of accuracy and an "audiophile" approach, all you have to do is rip to a lossless codec, preferably in "secure" mode. Beyond that, spend some time learning about tags, naming strings, etc. Ripping accurate audio files is the easy part.....organizing their metadata so that your music library is easily navigable (for the players you use) takes a little more time and attention.

Ok, thanks for the comments. I'll have a look through the set up guide and rip a few CDs and experiment with the tagging/metadata.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    In terms of accuracy and an "audiophile" approach, all you have to do is rip to a lossless codec, preferably in "secure" mode. Beyond that, spend some time learning about tags, naming strings, etc. Ripping accurate audio files is the easy part.....organizing their metadata so that your music library is easily navigable (for the players you use) takes a little more time and attention.
    Agree 100%. In my own case I rip to FLAC using ultra secure settings with only one DSP (which simply adds replaygain tags to the files).