title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp R15.2 Discussions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: dBpoweramp R15.2 Discussions

Because we have used a new version of the compiler, we will test until around February.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

As we have had no feedback on CD Ripper issues in R15.2 it is assumed there are no current outstanding issues at this stage (especially as there were no changes to the ripping code, it is 1:1 the same as R15.1).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• John Welsman
        • Feb 2012

Spoon, I wrote to you before about the tick boxes associated with batch conversion if using a screen reader which you fixed. Are you able to do the same in cd ripper in the options menu and other menus where a tick box is used, as currently my screen reader will not indicate the state of options, which is a bit hit and miss when setting it up?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

These menus are set for being replaced the next major update we do.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

Issue no. 1: I tried the new 15.2 beta, and the following issue persists - and yes, the LBA columns are identical between 15.1 and 15.2:

Originally posted by Porcus
            [...]
            15.2 beta in secure ripping mode with my Sony XL1-B firewire changer.

On a certain disc, the last track ends up with zeroes.

Looking at dBpoweramp while ripping, it goes to about 3 %, no longer;
            - if set to read into lead-out, it reads Pass 1 to 3 % and returns Error
            - if lead-in/lead-out unchecked, it reads to about 3 % each pass, and returns "Secure". That is pretty bad behaviour.
            It seems that this is the behaviour when the last track extends to the lead-out. I tried CDs where checking that box does not provoke Error, and those do not provoke this behaviour either.

The erroneous files are perfectly valid FLAC files with the correct track length, but contains the null signal.

Issue no. 2 (new): I routinely have to press Refresh twice.

Issue no. 3 (old): The following issue persists as before
            Trying to use C2 over firewire yields erroneous rips.
            They are consistent with each other. That they are the wrong ones are clear from the fact that the burst rips verify as Accurate.

These are issues with the Sony changer.

Comment

• Porcus
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2007

The following issue does not occur with the Sony changer, but with the internal IDE drive, which apparently cannot overread into lead-out:
              if set to overread, it becomes unresponsive when trying to. Checking the TEMP directory, it writes a file of name like TMP209.tmp consisting of multiple lines saying
              Code:
              ** Drive is unable to read into lead out, uncheck over-read option.  [clRipperSecure::Rip]
              And the ripper has to be forcibly terminated. The application yes, the Cancel button does not unlock.

That issue persists with the new 15.2 beta. Of course I should not try to make it read into lead out, but it could maybe terminate ripping and give an error message to me, rather than to a mighty 200 megabytes log file. Yes, 200 megabytes.

Good news: The following issue does not occur with the new 15.2.

Originally posted by Porcus
              Upon trying to read a CD from a drive, it consistently hangs. Even when I ask it to try the internal drive with its lid open.
              And as a matter of fact, the previous 15.2 did not lock up either - it just spent over half an hour reading a CD. The following debug log entry is representative:
              Code:
                  Adding Index Track 01: Index 1  Index LBA 0 (ABS Time 00:00:00)  LBA Track Start: 0   LBA Track End (gap removed): 16860   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 02: Index 1  Index LBA 16860 (ABS Time 03:44:60)  LBA Track Start: 16860   LBA Track End (gap removed): 35526   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 03: Index 1  Index LBA 35526 (ABS Time 07:53:51)  LBA Track Start: 35526   LBA Track End (gap removed): 48156   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 04: Index 1  Index LBA 48156 (ABS Time 10:42:06)  LBA Track Start: 48156   LBA Track End (gap removed): 66264   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 05: Index 1  Index LBA 66264 (ABS Time 14:43:39)  LBA Track Start: 66264   LBA Track End (gap removed): 87321   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 06: Index 1  Index LBA 87321 (ABS Time 19:24:21)  LBA Track Start: 87321   LBA Track End (gap removed): 104907   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 07: Index 1  Index LBA 104907 (ABS Time 23:18:57)  LBA Track Start: 104907   LBA Track End (gap removed): 119973   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 08: Index 1  Index LBA 119973 (ABS Time 26:39:48)  LBA Track Start: 119973   LBA Track End (gap removed): 133365   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 09: Index 1  Index LBA 133365 (ABS Time 29:38:15)  LBA Track Start: 133365   LBA Track End (gap removed): 162909   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 10: Index 1  Index LBA 162909 (ABS Time 36:12:09)  LBA Track Start: 162909   LBA Track End (gap removed): 178254   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 11: Index 1  Index LBA 178254 (ABS Time 39:36:54)  LBA Track Start: 178254   LBA Track End (gap removed): 191160   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 12: Index 1  Index LBA 191160 (ABS Time 42:28:60)  LBA Track Start: 191160   LBA Track End (gap removed): 203241   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 13: Index 1  Index LBA 203241 (ABS Time 45:09:66)  LBA Track Start: 203241   LBA Track End (gap removed): 215235   LBA GapStart 1046100
                  Adding Index Track 14: Index 1  Index LBA 215235 (ABS Time 47:49:60)  LBA Track Start: 215235   LBA Track End (gap removed): 235527   LBA GapStart 1046100

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Check the End LBA address for the last track on the Sony and another CD drive, are they the same? (for that problem disc)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                  Check the End LBA address for the last track on the Sony and another CD drive, are they the same? (for that problem disc)
                  They are. A few screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/ZeY58 . The AccurateRip logos are from the 15.1 rip.

And notice one more thing: 15.2 suddenly insists that U2: Zooropa is not in AccurateRip. Yes I have tried Refresh a few times.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Can you rip the u2 disc in R15.2 with debug log enabled, and in R15.1 with debug log enabled, and email the 2 logs please.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Feb 2007

I pm'ed you a Sendspace URL. Did you receive it? If not, what e-mail should I use?

(I see the "dbamp" address is specifically not for support issues.)

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

I have thanks, will look as soon as I can.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

From the logs:

dBpoweramp Release 15.2 BETA Digital Audio Extraction Log from 14. desember 2014 07:44

Drive & Settings
                          ----------------

Ripping with drive 'P: [MATSHITA - DVD-RAM SW-9584 ]', Drive offset: 102, Overread Lead-in/out: No
                          AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: No, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No

dBpoweramp Release 15.1 Digital Audio Extraction Log from 14. desember 2014 11:04

Drive & Settings
                          ----------------

Ripping with drive 'P: [MATSHITA - DVD-RAM SW-9584 ]', Drive offset: 102, Overread Lead-in/out: No
                          AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No

So C2 is used in R15.1 and works, but not in R15.2, and R15.2 does not work...
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Feb 2007

From the logs:

[...]

So C2 is used in R15.1 and works, but not in R15.2, and R15.2 does not work...

I forgot to highlight what I did here, sorry. Will explain.

But first: no, it does not work in 15.1. Go one step further down in the 15.1 log, the 11:10 rip. You will see that it has to re-rip frames in tracks 3 5 6 7 8.
                            That only happens when C2 is enabled on this (and most) discs in the AccurateRip database. With C2 off - or with other drives, C2 on or off - a burst rip verifies against AR and that is it. With C2 enabled on the Sony, most tracks have to run the full Ultra-Secure routine and re-rip a few frames.

According to the flowchart at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm , dBpoweramp is supposed to accept a burst pass which verifies with AR. Ergo, enabling C2 on the Sony alters the burst pass output.

Then to confess my sins: somewhere in the workflow I switched to accept C2 in order to get that thing debug-logged too - for the Equinox disc (item 2.2.3), I intended to keep the U2 out of it, but I forgot to revert so that was done only midway with the 15.1 rips (item 3.2.3); once I had ripped U2 with 15.1 and - from the mere fact that it re-ripped frames - recalled what had happened, I performed burst passes to see the difference.
                            And I forgot to highlight it as well, so it is not mentioned in the about&before&after.txt roundup - mea culpa. But see the individual reports I wrote, the items cited.
                            Last edited by Porcus; 12-15-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

I recheck the source code for R15.1 and R15.2 the only difference is the index and gap detection code (and TOC processing), we can rule out the TOC processing as it is ripping from and to the same lba, however as a test in R15.2 beta, disable the gap and index detection.

The error where no audio is written, it is because CD Ripper is out of memory, why this is happening I am not sure.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Feb 2007

however as a test in R15.2 beta, disable the gap and index detection.

The error where no audio is written, it is because CD Ripper is out of memory, why this is happening I am not sure.
                                I will pm you a sendspace link in a minute. I packed away the changer (done with ripping, soon Xmas, takes a bit of a rig including the mains transformer ... don't mind wearing out the U2 though, it stinks), but:

I managed to provoke forth similar-looking errors with the internal drive. Well even worse errors.

What I did, was

0) dBpoweramp was already uninstalled it seems, but not using the utility to wipe entirely.

1) Install 15.2 beta 3 . (Disabling Avast for ten minutes after it reporting the install-exe as malicious, sent them a false-positive report.)

2) Try to rip a CD. Track 1 almost immediately jumps to encoding which is stuck at zero - then track 2 does the same.

3) Repeat step 2 a few times with a different CD (the U2), trying various things: to cancel gap/detection or not, to rip to WAV in place of FLAC, and to rip to Test Conversion. Same result.

I should say that while fb2k and the web browser took their 200 megs of memory, CDgrab.exe didn't take more than a few.

4) Install 15.1 again.

5) Rip the U2 to test conversion. Good!

6) Rip the other CD to FLAC. Good!

OS: Still XP. I'd still say it is a fairly fresh reinstall (made just when MS discontinued support, but it is hardly used for anything but music management).

Comment

Working...

]]>