title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSD and replay gain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brucesee
    • Jul 2009

DSD and replay gain

Hi Spoon:
    I installed the DSD codec and I'm using music converter to apply replay gain tags to some .dsf files. You state in the writeup for the DSD codec that "Down Sampling sets the final decoded frequency, by default 96KHz is used." I guess music converter is able to read, write, and edit my .dsf files via the DSD codec. But, if I'm simply creating replay gain tags, am I correct that nothing else, including down sampling, is occurring with my files?
    Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSD and replay gain

I do not think any player would use Replaygain tags on a DSF file. You can try manually editing the replaygain value to -30dB for track and album, then try to play it, it should be very quiet if the player is adjusting using the value.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TheProfosist
      • Oct 2017

Re: DSD and replay gain

Originally posted by Spoon
      I do not think any player would use Replaygain tags on a DSF file. You can try manually editing the replaygain value to -30dB for track and album, then try to play it, it should be very quiet if the player is adjusting using the value.
      I tried this in foobar2000 and at least when using PCM output it does indeed honor the ReplayGain tag. Yes I know this thread is a bit old but I thought id update it since it was the only one I found.

Comment

Working...

]]>