title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Meta data for a completely different disc !

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Meta data for a completely different disc !

OK, i've just bought Joanne Shaw Taylor's new album, released on the 21st september. Put the disc in the drive and DBpoweramp is the artist is Deepest Blue and all ten tracks are completely different !! what is going on ???

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Meta data for a completely different disc !

I clicked on review perfect metadata and a couple of the other metadata sources had the correct disc details, freeeb i think.
    I've ripped the disc and came back as Accurate of 1. My concern is that the accurate result is 1 of another disc. Is that possible ? After all it did retrieve the wrong metadata to start with. 10 tracks with the same track details of another artist ?? Or is it just the initial metadata check and northing to do with the audio crc codes ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The_Grim_Ripper View Post
    I clicked on review perfect metadata and a couple of the other metadata sources had the correct disc details, freeeb i think.
    I've ripped the disc and came back as Accurate of 1. My concern is that the accurate result is 1 of another disc. Is that possible ? After all it did retrieve the wrong metadata to start with. 10 tracks with the same track details of another artist ?? Or is it just the initial metadata check and northing to do with the audio crc codes ?
    the incorrect metadata matches have nothing to do with the audio and CRCs and the match to accuraterip. Your rip is perfect!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    the incorrect metadata matches have nothing to do with the audio and CRCs and the match to accuraterip. Your rip is perfect!
    So why would another disc's metadata pick up on a different artist ? Would this not send the wrong results to Arcuraterip ?

Administrator

AccurateRip uses better routines to classify different discs, metadata providers typically use a list of track lengths added together, this other CD will have the exact same length.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    AccurateRip uses better routines to classify different discs, metadata providers typically use a list of track lengths added together, this other CD will have the exact same length.
    What are the chances of that though, two different artist and albums with same metadata ?!

So metadata has nothing to do with how the disc is checked within AccurateRip ?

Administrator

Nothing to do with AccurateRip.

dBpoweramp Guru

What are the chances of that though, two different artist and albums with same metadata ?!

So metadata has nothing to do with how the disc is checked within AccurateRip ?
    Not sure of the chances, but I've had wrong metadata (wrong album) happen at least 3 or 4 times (ripping a few thousand albums). So it is rare, but not that rare. And once again, metadata has ZERO to do with ACCURATERIP match.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Not sure of the chances, but I've had wrong metadata (wrong album) happen at least 3 or 4 times (ripping a few thousand albums). So it is rare, but not that rare. And once again, metadata has ZERO to do with ACCURATERIP match.
    OK GaryM thank you. So i'm all good ?

dBpoweramp Guru

OK GaryM thank you. So i'm all good ?
    yes. All good. You may need to take a rest from this stuff as you're obsessing a bit too much. I've told you and the program developer has told you that there is absolutely no issue here, but you are acting as if you're still not sure. You're good. I promise. Move on to more important things.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

yes. All good. You may need to take a rest from this stuff as you're obsessing a bit too much. I've told you and the program developer has told you that there is absolutely no issue here, but you are acting as if you're still not sure. You're good. I promise. Move on to more important things.
    You are right, thank you for the reality check

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Once, I purchased a CD that actually had the wrong album pressed on it.