title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Sort and Album Artist Sort in dynamic naming

Album Sort and Album Artist Sort in dynamic naming

How do I use "Album Sort" and "Album Artist Sort" meta data in Naming the files?

I've tried with:
    [IFVALUE]album artist sort,[album artist sort],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track] [artist] - [title].[cddb_id]

But it seems that "Album Artist Sort" is not recognized as a valid meta tag.

{ö} Erik Bachmann

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Album Sort and Album Artist Sort in dynamic naming

Try [tag]album artist sort[]

[tag]album artist sort[] will insert the value. But I need to test for the value. If it is empty, I will want to use the "album artist" field.

I thought that the full syntax would be:
    [IFVALUE]album artist sort,[album artist sort],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[IFVALUE]album sort,[album sort][album][]\[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track] [artist] - [title].[cddb_id].

Is it possible to test on the value of "Album Sort" and "Album Artist Sort"

Administrator

[IFVALUE][tag]album artist sort[],

try that

Smile Re: Album Sort and Album Artist Sort in dynamic naming

Thanx!! :smile2:

The full expression is:
    [IFVALUE][tag]album artist sort[],[tag]album artist sort[],[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[IFVALUE][tag]album sort[],[tag]album sort[],[IFVALUE]album,[album][][]\[IFMULTI][disc]_[][track] [artist] - [title].[cddb_id]

Example:
    Album: Le Café En Plein Air
    Album Artist: Niels Lan Doky
    Album Sort: Café En Plein Air
    Album Artist Sort: Doky, Niels Lan

With sort:
    Doky, Niels Lan\Café En Plein Air\02 Niels Lan Doky Jazz Trio - La Boheme.3DF2700A
    With out:
    Niels Lan Doky\Le Café En Plein Air\02 Niels Lan Doky Jazz Trio - La Boheme.3DF2700A