title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error message - Cannot upgrade from dMC R15.0 to dMC R15.1

Error message - Cannot upgrade from dMC R15.0 to dMC R15.1

I'm trying to upgrade from (reference) dMC R15.0 to dMC R15.1 but keep on getting the error massage "Error whilst running 'G:\Temp Files\Temp\8DC4.tmp-dMC-R15,1-Ref-Registred-64bit_SP1_WIN64.exe'".
    I deleted R15.0 before attempting the upgrade. I then ran dBpoweramp-Reset.exe after another error message (both as Administrator and not as) - still no luck.
    Lastly, I deleted all traces of dBpoweramp from the "Program Files" on my C drive, but got the error message again. I run Win 7 - 64bit.
    Please help!

Administrator

Re: Error message - Cannot upgrade from dMC R15.0 to dMC R15.1

Something is blocking the installer from running, most likely your anti virus software. Try to disable it.

Thanks for the quick response. Still no luck unfortunately - I disabled Norton 360 (virus and firewall), then re-booted before trying again.

Administrator

G:\Temp Files\Temp\

Seems a very strange place for the system to have its temp files, this location exists?

What can I say?... THANKS!!! You are a genius. I was looking right at it all the time and kept on missing it - that location was available (G: data drive) but how it got there is a mystery - maybe when I swapped my system drives a while ago (which I cloned). Anyway, I moved the temp folder back to my C drive and all is well.

dMC R15.1 is up and running.
    Thanks again!