title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Volume issue on ripped CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidimas
    • Sep 2014

Volume issue on ripped CD's

Hi,

I have a large collection of Ripped CD's ( approx. 1000 )

When I purchased my Digital streamer , the manufacturer recommended a ripping tool called ripstation. I later found and purchased Dbpoweramp and have continued to purchase updates as they have come along. I have also replaced computers and cd drives over time. One thing that I am now noticing is a significant variation in the playback volume of my ripped CD's , which forces me to keep adjusting volume as my playlist moves forward. My Hifi dealer has commented that his other customers do not have this issue, but I am not sure what has caused the volume difference. ( was it the two different software packages used, was it different PC's/drives ? )

However , I would like to remedy the situation. Can anyone advise what the cause my be and more importantly advise how to fix the issue ?

many thx

David Imas
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Volume issue on ripped CD's

The volume differences are because over time Audio CDs have been mastered louder, it is called 'the loudness race' if you google it for some background.

dBpoweramp is able to either calculate a volume adjustment and write to the id tags for a compatible player to use, or it can actually change the volume of the audio.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>