title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

issue with ogg codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • regloh
    • Sep 2014

issue with ogg codec

I installed the latest ogg codec, its dll files are in the dbpoweramp folder (encoder and decoder folders), but I cannot use this codec, it shows error and that the codec is not installed. I can choose ogg to encode files or rip a cd, but the settings field is blank and error again. There's no 32 bit version of dbpoweramp R14 left, definitely no component of it. In the config window the ogg codec is not shown, only suggested for install on demand. It's the same with the wma codec. Hm. (Pity enough that my once purchased Frauenhofer licence has now become useless.) However, I have some ogg files and would like to encode them but do not want to re-install 32 bit version R14 again. Anybody any idea?:smile2:
    Thanks in advance
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: issue with ogg codec

You have installed dBpoweramp 64 bit?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• regloh
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      You have installed dBpoweramp 64 bit?
      yes of course, and I deleted the previously installed 32 bit R 14 version with all its codecs. What makes me wonder is, that I can see the dll files in the appropiate folders and the formats are shown as options in the cd ripper options as well as in the converter options but the settings section is grey blank. Ogg files cannot be transformed in any way. And, when I installed the codecs it said codecs had already been there (but where from?) and if I'd like to overwrite which I did. The target folder was correctly chosen by the install programme (Program files, not the x86 folder!). You see me helpless.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp 64 bit should have lots of files in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

and in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder

should be:

Ogg Vorbis
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• regloh
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
          dBpoweramp 64 bit should have lots of files in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

and in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder

should be:

Ogg Vorbis
          As I said, those files are in dbpoweramp in the programme folder: A folder "ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE)", one "ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)", files: ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE).dll, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE).ico, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3).dll, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3).ico, ogg vorbis.dll, Ogg Vorbis.ico all in folder "decoder", and Ogg Vorbis.dll in folder "encoder"; windows media audio.dll and .ico shown in encoder and windows media audio.dll shown in decoder. In "rip to" in the ripper app they are shown as well (three different ogg-options and windows media audio), but when chosen as format, the setting box/ window is empty and no encoding is possible. Simply, the codecs are not recognized as such: in the configuration box it still offers the installation of the codecs "on demand". But they are definitely installed! I must admit that I am thinking about re-installing R 14 32 bit and accepting the money paid for R 15 being lost (the more as the Frauenhofer mp3 codec is not available for 64 bit).

Comment

• regloh
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by regloh
            As I said, those files are in dbpoweramp in the programme folder: A folder "ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE)", one "ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)", files: ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE).dll, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE).ico, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3).dll, ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3).ico, ogg vorbis.dll, Ogg Vorbis.ico all in folder "decoder", and Ogg Vorbis.dll in folder "encoder"; windows media audio.dll and .ico shown in encoder and windows media audio.dll shown in decoder. In "rip to" in the ripper app they are shown as well (three different ogg-options and windows media audio), but when chosen as format, the setting box/ window is empty and no encoding is possible. Simply, the codecs are not recognized as such: in the configuration box it still offers the installation of the codecs "on demand". But they are definitely installed! I must admit that I am thinking about re-installing R 14 32 bit and accepting the money paid for R 15 being lost (the more as the Frauenhofer mp3 codec is not available for 64 bit).
            Alright, ogg codec is working, all three different versions which are provided after installation. What did I do? I installed R 14 again and uninstalled it with "maximum uninstall" and the dbPowerAmp cleaning tool. (Which altogether did not help at first glance) But then I removed R 15 as well and reinstalled R 15 after processing another registry cleaning tool. And well, ogg was able to be installed and recognized by the ripper and the converter. The only strange thing: during the installation the installer insisted on the ogg-codec being already installed. So I just let the installer uninstall a non-existing codec before installing the same codec :-) and everything was fine.
            I am still upset that I once paid for a super Frauenhofer codec and am now expected to accept that there won't be a 64 bit Frauenhofer codec. Is it technically so diffucult or impossible to provide users with it?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Answered on your other thread.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>