title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: cd writing option

cd writing option

...so I can't boot from my hard-drive no more! (partition probs)

I got a new disk , put Win7 pro N on it and installed R15.1 but can't see how to write my FLAC files to cd. When I install CD writer it says I need V13 or above - which I have...?
    My old setup was fairly comprehensive but I now only use a few of the facilities, and writing music cd's is what I need to do right now, unfortunetely:(
    Any ideas?

Re: cd writing option

...strangely enough (?) I just connected the old disk and I can launch the old version from it (the partitiion problem only prevents it booting...) it says R14.4 and I have the cd writing option!
    I don't really want to use the old version having just paid for R15.1 and would like the cd writing option here. Plus, I will eventually trash the old hard-disk and fill it up with my FLAC's etc...

Administrator

See:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Compatibility

You have to force the 32 bit version to install, as CD Writer is 32 bit only.

Thanks for the speedy response. I did all that and now that part is fine!
    One thing tho, the details for writing cds have changed a bit, how (for example) do I specify bit-rate and dither etc when creating a cd...?

So is there any chance that the remaining 32 bit codecs will work with 64 bit windows at some point?
    I'm thinking of getting the next release of windows 8.2 - or will it be Win 9? - and want to run as much 64 bit stuff as I can to maximise the hardware. Not so important right now as this pc is past its best - a bit like me!

Administrator

We have done pretty much all codecs to 64 bit we can, if the original library for the codec did not have 64 bit then it cannot be updated.

Ok, fair enough, but...

One thing I've noticed is that the 'message' at the bottom of the cd writer window is vastly over-estimating the amount of data/space used - at least, is is with mine!

FLAC's with a running time of less than 70 mins show 140 mins (174%) with the 'over-burn' warning also displayed on the next window. When I burn it , it is only the correct number of mins written to the cd but I guess it highlights an error in the data calculations ??

So far this has happened on two different sets of FLAC's - not a big prob, but any ideas?

Administrator

I think it does this if the source was not CD Quality.

...but I didn't have this with the previous version?

One of these sets is 48/24 bit FLAC and the other is an 'apparently' cd quailty download from BandCamp.
    Still, as I say not a real prob - as long as it is the only thing that is 'going wrong'!