title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: m4p to mp3

Unregistered

Smile Re: m4p to mp3

Nevermind, I got it sorted out. Thanks so much everyone! You guys ROCK!

- Caroline

Rapheek

Re: m4p to mp3

Howdy!!!

I know a better way to convert the M4P's to MP3s. It works perfectly. Just email me and I'll tell you how.

Thanks a lot
    le_revolte2002@yahoo.fr

Tom

You can burn the m4p files, along with mp3's in iTunes I believe...

Unregistered

Talking Re: m4p to mp3

This way also involves installing iTunes, but you won't need a CD-RW. After installing iTunes, download and extract MP4 Stream Processor (http://www.techfreaks.org/utilities.shtml) and convert the .m4p file to an .mp4 file by going into the Command Prompt and typing in the following:

C:\m4p2mp4.exe c:\afile.m4p c:\afile.mp4

Changing:
    c:\m4p2mp4.exe to the path of the extracted m4p2mp4.exe application
    c:\afile.m4p to the path and filename of the .m4p file you wish on converting
    c:\afile.m4p to the path you want the .mp4 extracted and name of the .mp4 file

With your newly created .m4p file, you have two options:

1) Download and install the in_MP4 WinAMP Plug-in (http://audiocoding.com/download.php), which allows WinAMP to play .mp4 files.
    2) Download and install DBPowerAmp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/), which will convert the .mp4 file to an .mp3 file.

Unregistered

I successfully followed the m4p-to-mp4-mp3 conversion as described far above. No problems. Still a lot of work for a song or two. Oh well, it was fun.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I successfully followed the m4p-to-mp4-mp3 conversion as described far above. No problems. Still a lot of work for a song or two. Oh well, it was fun.
    PS. Plays fine in multiple players. standard MP3 format.

Unregistered

I keep get a message that says "only works on files for which you have a valid playback key"

Any clues?

Itunes has an option to burn as MP3's, but that isn't working for me either (it would only burn as an audio cd) thus why I am doing it the hard way.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: m4p to mp3

the m4p to mp4 >> dbPowerAmp conversion worked perfectly for me.. and as said.. it does not take that long to do.. NICE WORK GENTLEMEN

Unregistered

It seems like this DRM vulnerability in itunes may have been patched. M4p2mp4.exe only generates blank mp4 files for me. Anyone know if this is true? Is there a newer version of m4p2mp4.exe out there?

Unregistered

Talking Re: m4p to mp3

awesome! you guys rock! thx a lot for the help

kleptonooch

I wish there was a one-step way to batch process m4p's to mp3's but until someone figures it out, I'm just burning to CD-RW's then ripping. It's 2 steps but it's still a lot easier than individually converting one song at a time.

On a side note, I've tried using m4p3mp4.exe and, even though it works well enough, I'm a bit disappointed that it won't allow wildcards. It would be a lot better if you were able to throw more than one M4P file in a folder and run M4P2MP4.EXE *.M4P *.MP4

Just my personal opinion...

Unregistered

Question Re: m4p to mp3

When I used the M4P Stream Processor and command prompt method, my MP4 file had no sound at all. What happened?

Unregistered

I made a batchfile, to make it easier for those of you with a large collection of songs purchased via iTunes to use M4P2MP4 to unprotect your files.

Please visit the page I made for the download links, and to hopefully help me figure out what my problem is with playing Quicktime files.

Also, if you want a laugh, read my correspondance with Apple's horrible tech support, there as well.

http://www.noyou.net/itunes/

- Tom

Unregistered

I forgot in my above post to mention that M4P2MP4 worked great on the two songs I just purchased from iTunes on March 17, 2004. Maybe those of you that it didn't work for, didn't use the proper sytax? If so, use my batchfile, and follow the simple directions, and all should work perfectly.

- Tom

Unregistered

Smile Re: m4p to mp3

Hey tom, i used your batch file and when i drag files to the shortcut it starts to convert the file but then crashes. I followed your instructions exactly, but when i just used the m4p2mp4.exe app it converted it fine. I also found out that m4p2mp4 does not work if the filenames or paths have spaces.

I found this therad on how to convert m4ps to mp4s via Google :D

Great info guys!!!!