title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: m4p to mp3

Re: m4p to mp3

Quote Originally Posted by mlecho
    i would love to see the codec or whatever possible to convert m4ps to mp3s....then i could listen to anything i purchase at apple music store on my Archos....any ideas!?!?!
    e
    Yeah, I got an idea. How about "never buy ANYTHING from Apple again". That's my plan. I just got suckered in to paying them one dollar for one song. I was pretty happy with the arrangement until i noticed i can't burn it to a cd and play it in my cd player.

Apple spent years ruining life for it's devoted worshipers (I'm ashamed to say, I was one of those) by blindly following their proprietary way of doing things. When they went UNIX, I was delighted, but now I see that they've traded blind annoyance for blind greed.

Apple may make the best products, but they're far more expensive than the marked up prices show. For me, the big cost is the time I spend in frustration each time I've discovered they've pulled another nickle-and-dime con on me.

I have followed the instructions on Gates of Hell, but all my converted .mp3 have zero length. Also, can Hymn be use to convert .wma to .mp3?? If yes, how??

Administrator

J-Hymn is the program everyone uses.

As for converting protected wma's, there are a few posts on this in the "DRM and Copy Protection" forum.

Thumbs up Solution for converting m4p to mp3

I have had also problems to get my m4p music into MP-3 file format. In a Shareware directory I found a legal solution with name Tunebite. For me as not a technical speciliast Tunebite was very helpful, because it is easy to use and legal. Other Shareware tools are illegal. Everyone can download a free testversion at

Tunebite "listens" to music while playing on your PC and rerecords the music to a new file. It works with all protected file formats without hacking or cracking.
    Last edited by Razgo; 04-27-2005 at 04:05 PM. Reason: looks like spam

Re: Solution for converting m4p to mp3

Actually, IIRC, breaking the copy protection on anything that is copy protected by any means is illegal in the US under the DMCA, no matter how you get around it. Fair use seems to have taken a back seat to the interests of the record labels. :(

Don't get all excited. All that Tunebite does is re-record the song as it is being played on the computer where it was downloaded where the licenses are kept. It does in fact the same thing as dMC Auxiliary Input does, with a different interface.

legal & foolproof

tunebite runs in the background on your Windows PC. When you play back a piece of music, tunebite automatically re-records the song. This is legal and foolproof.
    Tunebite is technology-proof, does not bypass any digital copy protection and therefore conforms with all digital copy protection measures, provided that the user is legally entitled to listen to the music.
    So you're not breaking the copy protecttion, you're not converting the file either. You're simpy re-recording it.

Tunebite will not work with a protected file for which you don't have the license to play it on the pc where you run Tunebite.

Administrator