title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: m4p to mp3

m4p to mp3

See here for conversion FAQ:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...hlight=mp4+mp3

--------------------
    i would love to see the codec or whatever possible to convert m4ps to mp3s....then i could listen to anything i purchase at apple music store on my Archos....any ideas!?!?!
    e
    Last edited by Spoon; 05-09-2005 at 04:11 PM.

viscera

Angry Re: m4p to mp3

dmc (dbpoweramp) can convert *un-DRM'ed* AAC files to MP3. iTunes song purchases are DRM'ed and dmc can't do anything with them -- even if you rename it from .m4p to .acc.

Search on "MyTunes". It captures shared AAC streams from one iTunes PC to another (including the tags!!!), using a capture of the ethernet stream, and allows you to save them as un-DRM'ed AAC files. Clever. Then, you can use dmc to down-convert the unprotected AAC file to .mp3.

However, iTunes "sharing" feature doesn't appear to work on my copy.

I'm pretty annoyed. I assumed I'd be able to burn MP3 CDs for my car and I was wrong. I'm not blaming Aplle for this -- the DMCA sucks hind tit.... Those are not just pretty words.

Unregistered

Re: m4p to mp3

Just thought you might want to check out my HOWTO on M4P to MP3 conversion on Windows, including exact instructions on using Jon Johansen's QTFairUse to extract raw un-DRMed AAC data and turn it from Raw AAC into something actually playable.

Unregistered

That only works with m4a... not with m4p

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    That only works with m4a... not with m4p
    You were not paying attention. Converts AAC to MP3.

Administrator

See the new post in the FAQ about converting m4p directly.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Here is the link:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4004

Unregistered

If you really want to convert any type file, such as a m4p or any other file its simple, just apply a little less technology, purchase a patch cord to run between a second computer from output to input on the sound card or to a stereo cassette recorder. Play you song on your PC and record on the other device.

Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: m4p to mp3

the other thing u can do is record it in sound forge.
    relatively simple, and the quality is not horrible.

Unregistered

what about just burning the mp4's to CD and then re ripping them as MP3?

That should work, no?

Brom

Unregistered

Yes that is what I did. I won a song from Pepsi and saw that it was m4p and didn't like that. So I burnt to a CD, then converted (thru iTunes) and plays fine and I can't tell a difference.

Mark

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    If you really want to convert any type file, such as a m4p or any other file its simple, just apply a little less technology, purchase a patch cord to run between a second computer from output to input on the sound card or to a stereo cassette recorder. Play you song on your PC and record on the other device.
    But what you fail to understand is that you loose massive amounts of quality when you do this, this should only be considered as a last resort.

Xenoxide

Some soundcards (I know about the Create SB Audigy and nVidia nForce 2) allow you to specify from where the input comes from...you can change it from microphone to output. Cant you then play it and record it in sound recorder, save it as a wav, then convert to MP3 or whatever?

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Hi, Just used the converter in the faq to go from M4p -> MP4. I have both sitting there, and have installed the MP4 codec. I load up the mp4 file and try to do a conversion to MP3, and two seconds later it says "complete!" and I have a .mp3 file that is 2kb and contains no audio but the ID3 tags.

Not sure if the problem is with the m4p->mp4 conversion or not, but that appears to be fully featured and a large 6 meg file... or if it's from the mp4->mp3 side of it all. Any idea where I could test a 'normal' mp4 file? Thanks in advance for any help.

-Matt

Administrator

Try playing the unprotected mp4 file.