title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Checking with AccurateRip, but still grinding my NAS?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amalgam
    • Jul 2010

Checking with AccurateRip, but still grinding my NAS?

After about 30 hours PerfectTUNES finished listenning to my album collection (~12000 tracks, almost all FLAC). Most of my collection is located on my old, slow NAS. I'm accessing it from my Windows 7 64bit PC via a mapped network drive (SMB).

Now it's on the 2nd stage of Checking with AccurateRip. I hope this won't take long but it seems like it keeps grinding my NAS. This stage is going to take many hours as well (no estimated finish time?). Why is that?

I'm using the free/unregistered (thank you!) 1.7 version.
    Last edited by amalgam; 09-22-2014, 09:08 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Checking with AccurateRip, but still grinding my NAS?

Yes it will re-read the audio, because accuraterip will propose certain track offsets for different pressings, it then has to take part from the file on the album before (or after that track) and combine to check with AccurateRip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• amalgam
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes it will re-read the audio, because accuraterip will propose certain track offsets for different pressings, it then has to take part from the file on the album before (or after that track) and combine to check with AccurateRip.
      Thanks, Spoon. That explains why no ETA, right? How about some other form of verbose info regarding what's going on? How may albums/tracks left?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps yes.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>